General Manager The Well Cafe
- Date Posted May 13, 2019
- Location Oakland, CA
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job Type Full-Time
About You: You are a health-conscious chef or restauranteur with a business-oriented mind, a knack for numbers and a connection to herbal medicine, nutrition, and wellness. You believe in our mission and proactively envision the many ways you can contribute to it on a daily basis, including representing The Well as a primary leader of the cafe. Maintaining budgets plus communications and outreach are activities you enjoy and that come naturally to you. You are equally as excited to help take orders at the register, discuss menu items with customers, assemble food orders, and steward a warm, welcoming atmosphere while maintaining a clean, organized workspace and lobby. You have a strong track record of general cafe or restaurant management and you’re comfortable managing a team in a manner that supports our values and culture. You’re invested in successfully translating The Well’s vision into practical application, and can skillfully juggle the many different things that make this possible. You have the energy and creativity to play a key part in ensuring our cafe is a living, thriving place that nurtures our Bay Area community for years to come.
Apply if looking for: restaurant general manager, restaurant gm, assistant manager, supervisor, team lead, crew lead
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Builds culture, environment, sales and customer loyalty
- Oversees day-to-day operation of The Well, including scheduling, feedback systems, and kitchen operations
- Builds product excellence and ensure quality control of all products
- Hires, fires, trains, and onboards employees
- Ensures financial health & assists in executing initiatives to increase sales and reach sales goals
- Is the main point of communication for the team, neighboring businesses, and the public
- Acts as floor manager when working behind the counter and is manager-on-call at other designated times
- Consistently communicates and strategizes with owner and Kitchen Manager
- Potential for more responsibilities as experience is acquired
- High school diploma, general education degree, or equivalent required
- Previous cafe/restaurant management experience required
Key Qualities and Competencies:
- Has knowledge, experience and interest in herbal medicine, healing foods, and wellness. Ability to engage guests on the subject
- Awareness of, or willingness to learn about, systems of oppression, equality, and has a passion for social justice and creating safe, welcoming spaces for all people.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, high integrity, clear communication skills, connection to plants, and a respect for people and plants
- Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Positive attitude, friendly and upbeat personality
Bonus Qualities & Skills:
- Committed to one’s own personal development and healing
- Teaching/facilitation skills
- Bi-lingual. English and Spanish.
Terms of employment: Full time starting in June 2019
Direct Supervisor: Owner
Compensation: Salaried. $40,000-$45,000/year depending on experience.
Benefits: Paid time off, wellness stipends, sick days, & in-house benefits. Possible opportunities for profit-sharing for the right candidate.
Hours: 40 hours/week, semi-flexible, typical schedule Wed-Sun 8am-4:30pm.Compensation this position is PAID: salaried, varies DOE, $40,000.00 - $45,000.00 How to apply Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline