Stepladder Ranch & Creamery is a diversified farm located on the Central Coast of California. We grow avocados, passionfruit and citrus, as well as produce farmstead goat and cow's milk cheeses.
This is a part-time role with room to grow! Our markets are all over the Bay Area (Oakland, Berkeley, SF) and our warehouse is located in San Leandro.
- Show up on time to scheduled markets with a smile!
- 15-30 hrs/week (2-4 shifts/week, per desired schedule)
- Represent Stepladder Ranch and Creamery with a positive attitude, enthusiasm about our products and excellent customer service
- Set up your market stand with appropriate merchandising
- Strive to increase sales with innovative strategies and customer engagement- we have sales bonuses at every market!
- Pick up and drop off all supplies from our local warehouse in San Leandro before and after each market (we have a fleet of vans to use for market transportation)
- Maintain positive relationships with customers, market managers, and other vendors
- Educate customers on cheese, growing practices, meat production and avocados!
- Engage in continual improvement of our operations. This includes giving constructive feedback, always looking to improve systems, implementation of new protocols with attention to detail.
- Employ excellent cash handling skills including properly using the Square device for credit card transactions
- Since we rely on our weekend markets across the Bay Area, we require our staff to work both weekend days (Sat & Sun)
- Previous experience working in the food industry a plus!
- Minimum 6-month commitment
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs.
- Positive attitude with enthusiasm for local food
- Starting rate is $16/hr. with attainable sales bonuses for every market!
- Generous take home and food trade policy with other vendors
- Plenty of opportunity to evolve with our operations as we build out value-added products and increase wholesale opportunities
this position is PAID: hourly, varies DOE, $16.00 - $18.00
How to apply
This job expired on July 14, 2019