- Date Posted May 17, 2019
- Location Anywhere
- Category Business
- Job Type Internship/Apprentice
Who are you?
You trust your intuition and are hungry for challenges. You’re passionate about food or tech or, even better, where they connect.
You probably have some experience in sales. A previous internship? A part time or summer job? Retail experience is a plus.
You're kinda compulsively process driven - even if you'll only admit that it exists when you do the dishes or your laundry. Your team can count on you because you work hard to exceed expectations.
- 3.6 GPA or higher
- Strong phone communication
- Good understanding of technology. Sales & marketing experience is a plus
- Spanish speaker is a plus
- Interested in and (at least somewhat) knowledgeable about innovative foods and beverages
- Comfort working in a fast paced, start-up environment where change is constant and you will be required to wear many hats with ease and flexibility
- Comfortable working with Airtable and digital services (Slack, Hubspot, Office)
- Based in NYC
The Sales Ops Intern plays an important role in the day-to-day success of Shelfmint’s dynamic sales development and operations. S/he supports the Business Development Manager (BDM) in preparing successful sales transactions, assists the BDM in real time in carrying out sales development and operations activities, and follows up on sales with collection and accounting matters.
- Live Support - Candidate will be ready to call accounts and schedule appointments for BDM throughout a specific time frame (9am-2pm EST). S/he will check availability of retail manager and coordinate to set time for BDM to visit that day or schedule for later in the week.
- Placing Orders - If a retailer wishes too, candidate will be able to take orders over the phone and suggest new products, deals, etc that the retailer may want to take advantage of.
- Prospecting - Candidate will research and be able to suggest new retailers for BDM to visit either live that day in a specific area (NYC) or later in the week
- Reporting - Candidate will record details all conversations, sales, discounts, and issues in airtable CRM to be coordinated with BDM
- Venture-funded tech start-up
- Inclusion in the prestigious FoodLab (WeWork) and FutureLab (NYU) Accelerator Programs
- Office in SOHO; Can work remote
- Strong growth potential. Will evaluate for full-time position in the 4th quarter of 2019.
- Course credit + Stipend
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline