- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Operations Manager Banner Butter
- Date Posted May 27, 2019
- Location Atlanta, GA
- Category Culinary / Production
- Job type Full-Time
Banner Butter is one of just a handful of artisanal butter makers in North America. Since 2012, we’ve cultured, churned, worked and blended using traditional methods that just make butter taste better. We are proud of the small-batch fermented butters that we produce, as well as our staff and company culture. We are committed to sustainable dairy farming methods, the local food movement, and fostering a supportive and fun work environment.Job description
Banner Butter’s Manager of Operations supervises all aspects of churning, packaging and delivering our butter for sale. Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Directing production efforts and documenting results to ensure we are consistently fermenting and churning amazing butter;
- Hiring and managing the Banner Butter production, Brand Ambassador, and market teams;
- Tracking incoming orders and invoicing customers;
- Organizing farmers market and in-store product demonstrations;
- Monitoring and maintaining par levels for ingredients, packaging, and finished product;
- Implementing and overseeing employee and food safety plans
- Supporting sales and marketing efforts by:
- Ensuring the development and availability of new and existing finished products;
- Listening and responding to customer inquiries;
- Overseeing the development of new fermented butter compounds;
- Coordinating and executing in-person tradeshows and large marketing events.
- Maintaining quality, safety and health standards for production teams.
- Tracking and completing payroll.
In short, this is a multi-faceted position, vital to the success of our growing company.
- Must be extremely well organized, detail-oriented and can multi-task;
- Previous food manufacturing, distribution or culinary experience in a fast-paced role;
- Demonstrated knowledge of proper food safety and sanitation practices;
- Demonstrated knowledge of back office tools like invoicing and tracking software (e.g., QuickBooks) and productivity tools (e.g., Salesforce.com, Excel, Google sheets);
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
Base salary $43K-$50K depending on experience + Profit sharing + Monthly wellness stipend and 2 weeks of vacation annually.
Typical hours: 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM M-F.Compensation this position is : salaried, less than 50k Application instructions