Director of Operations Luke's Lobster +2 more
- Date Posted June 08, 2019
- Location New York, NY
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job Type Full-Time
The Luke's Lobster Story
Luke’s Lobster was born out of the dream of Maine native and third-generation lobsterman Luke Holden to bring the quality, affordable lobster rolls of his youth to the big city. After meeting business partner Ben Conniff on Craigslist, the two twenty-somethings opened their first lobster shack in a 250 square foot space in NYC’s East Village in October 2009. Nearly a decade later Luke’s Lobster shacks can be found in ten states across the U.S., and in Japan and Taiwan.
Our mission is to serve the best tasting seafood because we know how to care for it “The Maine Way”, from the dock to our guests. We know our fishermen, we know where and how they fish, and we work together to protect our oceans for tomorrow.
As part of its mission to serve the best tasting seafood, sourced responsibly, Luke’s Lobster also built a state-of-the-art seafood facility in Saco, Maine, that allows the company to not only buy lobsters directly from fishermen at the dock but immediately steam, pick, and send them to its shacks to ensure perfect flavor and texture with every bite and transparent sourcing detail for its guests. It’s now the only company in America that’s both MSC and SQF Level III Certified. In 2018, Luke & Ben furthered their growing seafood company’s commitment to sustainability and socially conscious business practices by becoming a certified B Corporation®, reflecting Luke’s Lobster’s deep devotion to each of its communities, its family of teammates, and the environment. Please visit www.lukeslobster.com for more information.
Luke’s Lobster, a quickly growing, fast-casual lobster roll restaurant, is seeking a Director of Operations to coordinate and manage a number of its operations in several markets.
About the company: Luke’s was founded in 2009 in New York’s East Village by a lobsterman-turned-investment banker. Since then, it has grown to over 25 “shacks” from Boston to Florida along the East Coast, to Chicago and Las Vegas, and has officially made it to the West Coast with our San Francisco location. We will be opening a flagship shack this summer in Portland, Maine on a working wharf, with a continuing growth strategy for 2019 and beyond.
The company, now managed by Luke and two partners, is looking to enhance its operational expertise at the multi-unit level. The corporate culture is fun and high energy while remaining professional, and open communication top to bottom is highly valued.
About the job: Luke’s is seeking a hospitality professional with at least three years of experience running operations for a multi-unit company in the fast casual field. The Director of Operations would be charged with the following:
- Maintain, improve, and enforce SOPs across all stores in all markets;
- Oversee the logistics of our sourcing, from our vertically integrated seafood company to the individual store, as well as from third party vendors;
- Maintain the highest standards for our facilities in terms of food safety, equipment, leasehold maintenance, and aesthetics;
- Manage our compliance with all permitting, regulations, insurance, and lease requirements;
- Create budgets, manage weekly and monthly P&Ls;, create and enhance a high level of business acumen for each of our General Managers;
- Assist in the creation and facilitation of training modules for every level of teammates and leadership within Luke’s Operations teams;
- Manage the communication flow from the managing partners and the office, and act as the liaison between your Operations team, and the HR and Finance departments;
- Ensure that all messages are properly disseminated, and all information, and feedback is executed to the stated standard for our team sand our guests;
- Be the point person in an emergency. Use accumulated knowledge and skills to attack problems in the smartest, safest, and most efficient manner;
- Be able to give clear direction, teach methodologies, guide team to achieve desired goals, and hold team to a stated standard;
- Oversee a large, talented, and dedicated team that reports to you on all of these elements, and most importantly be a great communicator and an inspiring leader;
- The Director of Operations will report into the Chief Operating Officer and VP of Operations, and work alongside another Director of Operations.
- At least three years of experience running operations for a multi-unit concept;
- A strong understanding, and ability to execute HR performance management systems, finance and logistical systems, compliance needs, and facilities management;
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills;
- Strong business sense and entrepreneurial spirit;
- Desire to build, mentor, coach, and develop a team;
- Fast Casual experience preferred;
- Experience in third party order channels and tech sales a big plus!;
- Must be open to extensive travel
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline