Purchasing Administrator Myers Produce
- Date Posted June 10, 2019
- Location Hardwick, VT
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job Type Full-Time
Myers Produce is a regional distributor operating out of hubs in Brooklyn, NY, Western Massachusetts, and Northern Vermont. We buy fresh fruit and vegetables from small, primarily organic farms in Vermont, Massachusetts, and New York, and sell these products to wholesale customers in New York City and the Boston area. We have been in business since November 2013. You will find more information about our operation at www.myersproduce.com.Job Description We are seeking an individual to fill the Purchasing Administrator role on our team. This is a new position at Myers Produce.
The Purchasing Administrator will be responsible for all communication with our vendors regarding order placement and fulfillment. He or she will be responsible for sending our orders to about fifty vendors (primarily farmers) twice a week, will work a weekly shift organizing shipments in our warehouse in Hardwick, and will be responsible for ensuring compliance with VOF organic certification and GHP certification standards (both of which rely upon updated and accurate documentation from our vendors).
The Purchasing Administrator will report to our Purchasing & Sales Manager as well as to our Owner/Founder. He or she will prepare regular updates and reports regarding purchasing data and progress towards filling the gaps in our supply.
The ideal candidate:
- Has at least 1 year experience in food service (restaurant, retail, etc)
- Has at least 2 years experience in farm-related work
- Has experience working with Quickbooks
- Is willing and able to be reachable by email at all times
- Is meticulously detail-oriented
- Is an excellent communicator
- Is able to work independently
- Is calm and creative in a fast-paced environment
- Is fully engaged with our mission
- Is familiar with Vermont, the Pioneer Valley, and surrounding areas
- Is capable of lifting 50 lb boxes
- Is comfortable driving 18-22ft box trucks
- Is ready to engage with the physical as well as mental challenges that are common in this line of work.
- We are looking to fill this position by September 2019
- One-year commitment required.
- Two-year commitment preferred.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineAugust 01, 2019