Dir. of Operations-City Beet Kitchen Project Renewal Inc.
- Date Posted June 20, 2019
- Location New York, NY
- Category Culinary / Nonprofit
- Job Type Full-Time
Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering individuals and families to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.Job Description
Project Renewal (PRI) is looking for an experienced professional to manage its $6 million catering company, City Beet Kitchens (CBK). CBK is a social purpose business, established in 1995 and currently serving ones million meals annually. The Director of Operations will report to the Food Service Director. The position will oversee the kitchen at 8 E. Third St.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Director of Operations include but are not limited to the following activities:
The job responsibilities fall into to 5 general categories: Operations, Financial Management, Compliance, Planning and Quality Control. Specific tasks include:
- Oversee all ordering of food, supplies and equipment.
- Weekly review of inventory to ensure adequate supplies.
- Supervise Transportation Manager
- Ensure all equipment is in working order and all maintenance contracts are up to date and current.
- Available 24/7 to respond to delivery problems, staffing issues and complaints from customers.
- Develop a training and procedural manual for staff.
- Recruit staff as needed.
- Price meals and update pricing tool.
- Oversee contract renewals.
- Prepare monthly reports that track each contract/event revenue and costs.
- Monthly review of fiscal reports to ensure they agree with CBK monthly revenue and expense report.
- Monitor cost of labor, food and supplies.
- Monitor compliance with NYC Food Standards.
- Work with contracted nutritionist to develop new menus plus special meals for religious or medical conditions.
- Work with the Food Service Director to develop annual income and profit projections.
- Work with the Food Service Director to develop a strategic plan
- Monthly follow up calls with each of our contracts.
- Develop a customer/client satisfaction survey.
- Implement procedures that ensure portion and quality control for all meals leaving the kitchens.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of two (5) years of experience managing a large catering company with a high proportion of entry level employees Computer database skills and word-processing, required.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications, desirable.
- Must be knowledgeable and experienced in data-based inventory and ordering systems
- Excellent time management, organizational, and customer service skills.
- High degree of organizational skills
Compensation this position is PAID: salaried, 50k to 100k How to apply Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline