Cheesemonger / Sales Assistant Chef Collective
- Date Posted June 21, 2019
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Business / Production
- Job Type Full-Time
Chef Collective is hiring for a unique Sales Assistant/Cheesemonger position! We are looking for someone to join the production team to crank out orders in the morning, get the trucks loaded, do a little cheese care and make sure the warehouse is in ship shape and then seamless transition into account management and inside sales work!
If you are a chef who is ready to try something else outside the kitchen but who still wants to stay knee deep in the world of amazing food OR if you’re a cheesemonger who wants to explore another side of the cheese and specialty food business, this could be the perfect position for you.
We are a Brooklyn based boutique distributor of cheese, charcuterie and other specialty foods working with the best chefs in NYC and beyond. We are a young company focused on enriching the lives of everyone that we work with, whether you are a farmer in Indiana, a chef in Manhattan, or one of our fantastic team members.
We believe in a "be nicer, be better, not bigger" philosophy, quality is our biggest focus, whether it is quality product, quality people, of just quality of life. We work hard, we play hard, and we take care of our people. Our team is small and we are self-starters who believe in improving the food system, treating all people with respect, and working as hard as the people we work for (Farmers and Chefs). If you are interested in good food, have an endless curiosity for learning, and are comfortable wearing many hats, you have found your home!
- MUST be a morning person! We start early to, you know, get the worm.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, figure out what needs to be done and accomplish it.
- Upbeat and able to roll with the punches. Each day is different and holds new challenges.
- Love to work in a start-up business type environment and grow with the company!
- Experience in specialty foods/cheese a MUST.
- Experience in working in a professional NYC kitchen a plus.
- Entry level is $40k per year, If you are a hustler you will be making 50k+ by the end of the year.
- Performance based Bonuses and Profit Sharing
- Great Health Benefits
- 401K Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Weekly paychecks
- Corporate gym memberships
- Plenty of cheese samples!!
We are looking to hire immediately, so send us your resume and a little blurb about your awesome self and your experience in the food world. And tell us about your favorite cheese!Compensation this position is PAID: salaried, varies DOE, $40,000.00 - $50,000.00 How to apply Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline