- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Barista / Sales Associate Foster Sundry
- Date Posted June 23, 2019
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Culinary / Production
- Job type Full-Time
Foster Sundry is an artisan cheese counter, whole animal butcher, cafe and specialty grocer in Bushwick, Brooklyn.
We're the place where you can walk in and drink a beer while buying a pasture-raised steak and a hunk of clothbound cheddar; where you can grab a cup of coffee and ask questions about biodynamic farming methods; where you can stop in just to sample some gouda and walk out with plan for dinner and a new favorite food. We strive to be the local destination for really good ingredients with down-to-earth customer service and a warm and welcoming environment that encourages people to come in, come back, and hang out. Meat. Cheese. Awesome.
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS:
- Greeting all incoming customers with warmth and positivity
- Making all espresso drinks to order
- Organizing and maintaining a clean and tidy workspace
- Ringing up customers for storewide purchases
- Assisting customers with questions about all Foster Sundry products
- Restocking milk, supplies, and condiments
- Setting up and breaking down the coffee counter
- Assisting in storewide opening and closing duties
- Occasionally supporting the beer and cheese counter or other areas in the store
- Unloading and receiving deliveries of coffee and other specialty food
- Processing, stickering and stocking deliveries of specialty food
- Professional barista experience
- A desire to greet and engage customers and foster relationships with regulars
- Meticulous, punctual and detail oriented.
- A positive attitude and an enthusiastic desire to provide excellent customer service in all areas of the store
- A willingness to learn and grow as a barista, and advance one’s skills and knowledge of the industry
- Working knowledge of specialty cheese, meat, and grocery, or a willingness to learn
- Ability to maintain a clean and organized workspace
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds and spend 8+ hours standing
- Passion for the principles of sustainable food and farming
- Flexibility in scheduling, including mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- A diligent approach to safety and sanitation. ServSafe (or analogous) certification a plus
- A team player with a willingness to jump in and help with all tasks. A self-starter and hard worker.
- Desire to help build something from the ground up, and make it truly awesome.