Horticulturist Chattahoochee Nature Center
- Date Posted June 26, 2019
- Location Roswell, GA
- Category Agriculture / Nonprofit
- Job Type Full-Time
The Horticulture Department seeks a candidate to work in our ¼ acre vegetable garden and to interact with schools in the area by instructing and demonstrating all aspects of vegetable gardening.
- Greenhouse propagation and routine maintenance of greenhouse and nursery areas.
- Seeding, planting, composting, crop rotation, pest and disease management, harvesting.
- Operates machinery essential to job.
- Teaches, works with and directs volunteers and students both on-site and off-site.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal skills as well as organizational skills.
- Horticulture work in other CNC gardens: weeding, planting, pruning, mulching.
- Works with Horticulture team in propagation of plants for plant sales, grounds and conservation.
- Periodic weekend, holiday, or work at major events of the CNC is required and assigned on a rotational basis within the department. Occasional shifted hours occur on weekdays to cover routine duties within the Operations Department.
- Candidate is required to drive a company vehicle to schools and other locations.
- Candidate will take on other duties as assigned by the Horticulture Manager.
Minimum of high school diploma and 1-2 year’s work in horticulture required. Experience in food gardens and Bachelor’s Degree or Certificate in Horticulture preferred. Candidate must excel in working both individually and within a team in a fast paced environment. Must possess or obtain a Georgia Pesticide Applicator’s License, Category 24, within 6 months of employment.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Carrying bags of soil, mulching, planting, and heavy lifting are regular aspects of this job. Candidate must work outdoors in all seasons. Candidate must possess ability to work with machinery including, but not limited to, chainsaw, leaf blower, weed whacker, tractor.
We offer competitive wages and a benefits package that includes health, dental, and retirement.Compensation this position is PAID: hourly, $15/hr or more How to apply Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline