- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Customer Service Manager The Good Life Grocery
- Date Posted August 21, 2019
- Location San Francisco, CA
- Category Business
- Job type Full-Time
The Good Life Grocery is a local small business dedicated to providing healthy, natural and fair-priced food to the San Francisco community. Working at The Good Life Grocery is not only about selling quality, healthy food but also about connecting with great customers and co-workers in a positive working and learning environment.Job description
The Good Life Grocery seeks an experienced Customer Service Manager with retail grocery management experience and a passion for selling and promoting natural and organic food. Under the supervision of the General Manager and Assistant General Manager, the Customer Service Manager will be primarily responsible for customer satisfaction. This person will provide direct supervision to cashiers and help to strengthen a supportive, efficient and customer-service focused workplace, with excellent face-to-face customer interactions. This person will also focus on promoting the stores to the general public and developing new and improved ways to expand the stores’ customer base. Qualified candidates have a collaborative “can do” spirit and existing grocery store management experience.
Ideal candidate meets the following qualifications:
- Great communication skills with the ability to manage and train a diverse team and inspire others to do their best
- Genuine passion for hospitality and treating customers well
- Retail grocery management experience – ideally in the natural foods industry
- Demonstrated initiative and creative thinking skills related to customer service
- Problem solver - ability to effectively identify, address and resolve customer issues
- Experienced and patient trainer with a willingness to train and motivate new employees again and again
- Strong work ethic, detail oriented and positive attitude, with a willingness help wherever needed
Responsibilities for this Position:
- Provide direct supervision to cashiers
- Assist with store’s front-end flow, ensuring employees are delivering excellent customer service and staying on task at all times
- Develop and implement customer focused protocols and practices
- Train employees in customer service best practices and people management
- Help to institute programs to support and encourage employee excellence
- Expand customer outreach through website, social media platforms, promotions and improved database management
- Respond to customer reviews on Yelp, Google Business, etc.
- Help to institute programs to expand customer base and create new ways to engage with customers
- Think and act entrepreneurially to help create and/or expand the store’s vision and direction
The Customer Service Manager may be assigned to work various schedules which include morning, afternoon, and evenings, weekends, holidays, and overtime. Applicants for this position must be willing to work a flexible schedule based on customer needs. The majority of shifts of the Customer Service Manager are evening shifts, with closing/locking up responsibilities.
Position includes medical and dental insurance, 401K, flexible scheduling, employee purchase discount, and commuter transit benefits.