- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
E-commerce Copywriter Mouth.com
- Date Posted August 21, 2019
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Business / Media
- Job type Full-Time
Mouth is an expert curator and online retailer of the absolute best specialty foods from small-batch makers in the United States. We are both a discovery platform and a unique gifting service, offering the next generation of curated gift boxes and monthly subscriptions.Job description
We’re looking for a Content Manager to join our small, hungry team based in DUMBO, Brooklyn. In this role, you will edit and write compelling, pitch-perfect SEO optimized e-commerce driven copy for our website, email newsletter, product descriptions, maker bios, digital advertising and other marketing initiatives. You will own and manage our social media accounts and will be responsible for posts, hashtags and engagement.
The ideal candidate is smart, funny, super organized, collaborative, enjoys wearing many hats and thrives in a dynamic, creative environment. You not only can come up with genius ideas but you also carry them through to completion. Oh, and you love to eat!
- Write e-commerce brand content for: email campaigns, homepage, landing pages, social media feeds, product descriptions, maker bios, blog posts and other marketing initiatives
- Oversee and manage social media accounts, particularly Instagram.
- Assist Marketing Director and Creative Director with conceptualizing and executing campaigns, launches and other projects as needed
- Master and hone the Mouth voice and ensure consistency across all assets
- Use best practices across the board, including SEO, hashtags, etc.
- Monitor, analyze and report on progress using relevant data tools, etc.
- Create and maintain reference databases for key projects including subject lines, language documents and product naming
- Maintain e-blast and content calendar
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years in a copywriting and/or social media role; e-commerce experience is highly desirable
- Experience posting for social media accounts
- Deep familiarity and expertise with best SEO practices
- You know the difference between a compelling subject line, witty social caption and an e-commerce product description
- You’re deadline-driven, highly organized and a great project manager
- You have a strong attention to detail
- You are obsessed with KPIs such as open rates, click-to-open rates, social engagement and more
- Familiarity with product management systems
- Tech savvy, with basic knowledge of HTML