- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Digital Content Manager BKLYN Larder
- Date Posted July 11, 2019
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Culinary / Media
- Job type Full-Time
A little bit about us… Straddling the border of Park Slope, Prospect Heights, and Downtown Brooklyn, BKLYN Larder is an established specialty food shop specializing in sustainably produced ingredients and neighborhood hospitality. We pride ourselves on restaurant quality prepared foods, sourced from local farms and producers.
We look forward to adding you as the newest member of our family.Job description
Reporting to the owner and supported by the whole BKLYN Larder Family, the Digital Content Manager will be in charge of shaping the unique voice and identity of BKLYN Larder’s digital channels, and developing them into something much bigger than just your neighbor cheese and provision shop.
Responsible for creating and delivering a truly creative digital content strategy, the day-to-day role involves management of the social media content calendar; covering copywriting, photo/video shooting, planning, posting and community development. You’ll also oversee the development and on-going content updates to the BKLYN Larder website, as well as delivery of email marketing communications. You will coordinate the production of assets for digital channels and have responsibility reporting on the performance of all digital activity. This includes E-Commerce related activities such as site content and product implementation and maintenance (assortment and variation management).
The ideal person will bring fresh ideas to the table and isn’t afraid to have some fun with the awesome assets at hand through BKLYN Larder: Food, Environment, People. You have proven experience growing digital communities and bringing to life cool and creative content campaigns. You have a strong editorial mindset, with the ability to concept stories and content based on consumer insights, trends and real time events.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Responsible for developing and delivering a truly creative digital content strategy - through the funnel from building awareness/engagement to driving conversions - for all BKLYN Larder’s Channel, whether online or in-store.
- Own the e-commerce channel, including product implementation, management of assortment, reporting and merchandising and daily e-commerce fulfillment.
- Use first-class copywriting and content creation skills to establish a unique and consistent tone of voice, design-led brand identity, and editorial narrative across all digital channels. This includes the creation of photo, video, image, GIF and animation assets.
- Create and deliver content calendars for social, email and website updates across numerous local campaigns, as well as overseeing day-to-day management of BKLYN digital communities on both local and national level.
- Alongside in-house digital specialists, manage the marketing calendar/content (paid social, Google Adwords, Google My Business) working to find efficiencies, savings and greater opportunities where possible.
- Alongside in-house eCommerce product manager, manage and create all the digital assets such as products’ pictures, written descriptions, tutorial video and website content.
- Manage onsite social activity and content production at all BKLYN Larder events.
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
- 2+ years of proven experience managing and growing digital communities on a local, and preferably national level, alongside a deep understanding of how consumers digest and engage with food and drink content.
- Junior exposure to eCommerce management, but strong ability own the e-commerce channel, including management of assortment, analytics, reporting and merchandising
- A strong editorial mindset, with the ability to concept stories and content based on consumer insights, trends and real time events.
- Excellent copywriting skills, and a strong ability to communicate with creativity, intelligence and a sense of humor to a very diverse audience.
- A strong knowledge of the North American culinary landscape, as well as global food trends.
- Intermediate content management and website skills - Google Analytics, SEO, Adobe Design Suite. Social Listening tools such as Spredfast all highly advantageous.
What we are looking for
- Food-lover – A genuine love of food, drink and the culinary world. An Instagram food fiend.
- Storytelling – An editorial/publisher mindset, with a talent for bringing stories to life in illuminating ways.
- Creativity – Relish coming up with new ideas, sharing them, and then bringing them to life.
- Direct communicator – Can speak confidently and persuasively in person, email and on the phone to our team and our partners.
- Multi-tasking – Enjoy the challenge of balancing numerous tasks at the same time, and able to pivot from one to the other.
- Flexibility – Understands the nature of events, and can work varied hours as needed.
What we offer
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Health Insurance
- 30% company wide discount
- Family meal
- 1 week paid vacation accrues after one year
- Lots of food nerds to work with