Creative Family Chef & House Manager Private Family
- Date Posted July 11, 2019
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Culinary
- Job Type Full-Time
What You’ll Do
- Meal Prep and Execution: You’ll prepare afternoon healthy snacks for the girls, and dinner for the whole family. You will order some groceries from Fresh Direct and Amazon Fresh; shop at stores like Whole Foods, Eataly, Trader Joe’s; and supplement with local shopping as well. Friday’s will be spent preparing family shabbat dinners and prepping meals for the family to use over the weekend.
- Keep Girls on Task: You’ll make sure the girls get to their after-school activities on time, while balancing their school work, extracurricular preparations, music practice, mealtime and showers.
- Light Housekeeping: You’ll clean up the kitchen after cooking, ensure main floor common spaces are tidy and presentable, help keep the girls’ room neat, and share in laundry duties.
- Manage House & Airbnb: You’ll own the check-in/check-out process for garden level Airbnb, welcoming guests them into the home. You will occasionally “pinch hit” cleaning the Airbnb in time for the next guest when housekeeper is sick/off. You’ll also receive packages, send out dry cleaning, and interact with contractors and other household service providers.
What You Can Expect From Us
- Mentorship & Career Development: Recent incumbents of this role have gone on to be a lawyer for a hedge fund, a professional playwright, and a recruiter for a top headhunter. We will help you achieve your goals, whatever they may be.
- Give & Take: We believe in work-life balance. If you have to stay late one day, you leave early another. If you’re on our team, then we’re on yours!
- Fun: We work hard but don’t take ourselves too seriously. GIrls love to sing Broadway show tunes and the household is always buzzing with energy.
What You Must Be
- Creative & Gastronomic. You have serious chops in the kitchen, and create healthy, inspired cuisine.
- Confident & Humble. You know your value, but have a “no task is too small” mindset.
- Reliable & Timely. You always follow through and are five minutes early for everything.
- Organized & Detail Oriented. You can manage competing priorities and are a stickler for the details.
- Resilient & Coachable. You learn from your mistakes and appreciate constructive criticism.
- Dynamic & Driven. You move fast, take initiative, and don’t fold under pressure..
- Passionate & Committed. You are excited about supporting the personal lives of world class professionals, and can commit to at least one full school year, ideally longer.
- Trustworthy. You are rock-solid on integrity.
- Awesome! You are a dynamic person, highly motivated by the idea of working with other amazing people.
Time Frame & Compensation
- Start Date: Flexible
- 5 weekdays totaling 35-40 hours
- Competitive weekly pay. DOE.
- Vacation includes Thanksgiving weekend, Christmas to New Years. Additional two weeks paid vacation: you choose one, we choose one. Three paid sick days per year. Reduced hours & pay in the summer.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline