Marketing Communications Manager AeroFarms
- Date Posted July 11, 2019
- Location Newark, NJ
- Category Agriculture / Media
- Job type Full-Time
At AeroFarms, we are on a mission to grow the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity. We are a global, mission-driven company, Certified B Corporation and proud to be named one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company. Our patented, award winning aeroponic technology provides the perfect conditions for healthy plants to thrive, taking indoor vertical farming to a new level of precision and productivity with minimal environmental impact and virtually zero risk. Through our retail brand Dream Greens, you can enjoy locally grown, pesticide-free produce that bursts with flavor and nutrition, all year round.
As a Certified B Corporation, AeroFarms is a mission-driven company with global headquarters in Newark, NJ, championing indoor vertical farming and fundamentally transforming agriculture. Recognized by Fast Company as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and by Inc.com as one of the Top 25 Disruptive Companies in the World, AeroFarms is scaling to meet the demand for our fresh, locally grown produce that is setting new culinary standards, and we need someone special who can bring their experience to help us grow further. Must be aligned with our mission and passionate about making a difference.
- An incredible ‘change-the-world’ company with the eyes of the world focused on our success.
- A team of motivated, intellectually-curious individuals to support you.
- Backed by some seriously impressive firms including Goldman Sachs, Prudential, leading VCs, and strategic partners with a view on global expansion.
AeroFarms is seeking a dynamic Marketing Communications Manager who is passionate about our mission and to share our exciting AeroFarms and Dream Greens stories to build exceptional relationships with strategic partners, investors, and customers.
Be a communication rockstar with a passion for storytelling and social media. Responsibilities include:
Content & Social Media Management
- Bringing to life overall messaging platform for both AeroFarms and Dream Greens brands.
- Creating & posting compelling original content for both the AeroFarms and Dream Greens brands across all brand channels, designed to increase brand awareness, build relationships with our community, and foster even greater positive brand associations. Channels include but are not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pintrest, Medium, Newsletters, Ads, Media Relations, Event Marketing.
- Developing Influencer marketing outreach and management via social media channels and web inquiries.
- Create standards, expertise and best practices within Social to inform and scale across all marketing and channel platforms, & leverage data-driven insights to inform planning and optimization for future media and content strategies.
- Maintaining the front end and back end of AeroFarms and Dream Greens websites, liaising with web hosting company and optimizing for natural search and SEO.
- Working with Marketing & Design Associate on creative for both the AeroFarms & Dream Greens Brand across all platforms and channels
- Tracking & reporting on detailed metrics and insights for all marketing activities (website, social media, newsletters, campaigns, paid advertising) and making recommendations on social media strategies.
- Monitoring ongoing industry and competitor trends and making recommendations on implications.
- Assisting with developing, writing and editing original content for variety of channels (press releases, website, blog, Medium, LinkedIn, Newsletters etc.)
- Working on press-related activities, including tours, filming, recording, promotion and any associated coordination and communication.
- Supporting Sales team on any sales programs as needed including order-taking, product demonstrations, meetings and any other ad-hoc support.
- Supporting company events, including occasional events outside of typical working hours (evenings and weekends), including sampling events, panels & festivals in and around New Jersey.
- Bachelor’s degree or more in Marketing or Communications.
- 3-5 years of experience in social media and/or PR/marketing strategy, either agency-side or internally (CPG experience in food, wellness or sustainability).
- Experienced brand storyteller with a passion for developing innovative, compelling content across copy, photography, and video; able to adapt creatively per channel.
- Strong sense of ownership and entrepreneurial spirit; scrappy and proactive, always looking for ways to take initiative and improve existing programs / processes.
- Strong grammar & written communication skills.
- Strong understanding & experience with the following platforms and social tools: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google Analytics, Wordpress (Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign), Tweetdeck/Hootsuite, Meltwater).
- Keen eye for visual design.
- Self-starter, and a detail-oriented, team player with creative problem solving and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, work fast, quickly change priorities, and meet deadlines.