- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Chef Baker La Clochette Du Coin
- Date Posted July 12, 2019
- Location San Diego, CA
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
We are seeking to directly work with local producers, to make all from scratch, and really make a difference in everything we do.
**We are currently building our second location, where we will centralize our baking production. The anticipated completion of the project will be at the end of August 2019. Finding an awesome baker that is looking to grow with the company, and gaining experience in establishing a whole new line of baking products. Job description
We are seeking for a skilled, creative baker who strive to provide excellent French baking goods with a twist of modern.
The baker will design, execute, and improve recipes, perform quality checks on ingredients and finish products to enhance item presentation, and process orders from suppliers.
You will also be able to answer questions from customers, clean workstations and equipment, and perform other duties to ensure that customer needs are satisfied and the bakery is well-stocked and operating smoothly.
To be a successful baker at La Clochette Du Coin, you should be efficient and extremely friendly with a focus on quality baked goods and a sense of perfection. You should be organized, decisive, attentive, and possess a strong understanding of baking techniques.
- Designing and improving recipes.
- Checks production schedule to determine variety and quantity of goods to bake.
- Keeping records relating to deliveries, inventory, and production levels.
- Measuring and combining ingredients and using mixers, blenders, heat sources, and other equipment to make baked goods.
- Cuts dough into uniform portions with knife or divider.
- Molds dough into loaves or desired shapes.
- Places shaped dough in greased or floured pans.
- Spreads or sprinkles topping such as jelly, cinnamon, and poppy seeds on specialties.
- Testing ingredients and finished goods to ensure that each items meet food safety and quality controls.
- Cleaning and restocking workstations and ensuring that all equipment is sanitized and prepared for the next shift.
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: More education or experience may be preferred
- Strong communication time and resource management, and planning skills
- Attention to detail is a must, especially when performing quality inspections on ingredients and products.
- Basic math and computer skills
- Willingness to work independently or with other team members to solve problems, fulfill orders and create amazing baked goods.
- Flexibility to work very early mornings, weekend and holidays.
- Ability to work in busy and lively environment, walk, bend, use hands and appliances and lift heavy items for extended periods.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Time management
- Active learning
- Judgment and decision making
Compensation this position is : hourly, $15/hr + Application instructions