- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Director of Communications Urbanspace +1 more
- Date Posted July 15, 2019
- Location New York, NY
- Category Business
- Job type Full-Time
Originally founded in London, Urbanspace is one of the most influential food hall creators and pop-up market makers in America.
Headquartered in New York City, Urbanspace curates and develops immersive culinary destinations where creative entrepreneurship and community flourish. Urbanspace’s mission is to connect small business owners and chefs with curious, flavor-seeking guests.
Additional expansions to Chicago, Los Angeles, and the DMV are underway, with more on the horizon. Each of our venues provides a place to gather, indulge, and discover, creating warm, welcoming environments for locals and tourists alike.
Urbanspace is seeking an energetic head of communications with a strong sense of the hospitality and experiential zeitgeist.
As the world grows ever hungrier for our brand of food halls and pop-up markets, we're looking to hire an individual bent on bringing our many stories to life through both traditional and emerging media.
The right candidate will nurture a strong industry network, increase awareness and develop an enviable brand image by developing and executing effective communication and media relations programs.
Reporting to VP of Brand & Experience and working closely with our CEO, and Curation teams, this position is instrumental in identifying crucial storylines that will position our company as the leading food hall operator and market maker that we are.
- Develop a marketing communications plan including strategy, goals, budget, and tactics
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
- Coordinate all public relations activities
- Direct and execute social media efforts, leveraging organic content and utilizing influencer networks
- Wage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within general, business and hospitality industry media
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests
- Create content for press releases, byline articles, company website, and presentations
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a quarterly basis
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships, and advertising on an on-going basis.
- Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
- Create and maintain social media partnerships and advise on media partnerships
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Proven working experience in public relations
- A Strong social media presence and/or experience running social media for brands
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a local and national level
- Strong relationships with both local and national business and industry media outlets
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews
- Experience growing social media accounts including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Event planning and production experience
- BA/MA degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or a related discipline
- An obsession with food and addiction to pop culture
- A passion for human-centric stories
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline