General Manager a baked joint
- Date Posted July 15, 2019
- Location Washington, DC
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
We believe the best memories are formed around good, simple food, and we are dedicated to creating a community environment, where people from all walks of life can come in and create experiences. We want everyone who comes into our store to leave with a full belly and feel like they are part of our family. Job description As the leader of our management team, the GM is expected to create and maintain a caring and supportive environment at a baked joint, while pushing our team to achieve greatness daily. The GM is responsible for overseeing, training, and holding all staff accountable, maintaining financial goals, and maintaining a specific level of service in the restaurant.
Please have solid references and a history of achievement in the restaurant and hospitality industry. Weekends are required. Ability to speak Spanish is not required but is a plus. Teamwork and leadership are key values of our management.
We take pride in our diverse and hardworking team.
Qualified candidates should have:
- At least three years management experience, preferably in a fast paced restaurant or quick service environment.
- Previous GM experience with inventory, ordering and P&Ls; is a must - ability to handle the back office administrative duties including, scheduling, ordering, understanding and controlling costs, POS systems - Revel management and troubleshooting experience a plus!
- Extreme attention to detail and exceptional work ethic - Must be able to manage the entire operations of a restaurant, as well as demonstrate the ability to organize, prioritize, and successfully follow through on multiple tasks. Must have a flexible schedule.
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication skills and the ability to adapt in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Excited to learn, teach and grow.
- Experience in all staffing and ground level human resource needs (hiring, firing, training, managing, scheduling, station and position work lists).
- High competency in high volume service flow and floor management.
- Strong abilities in maintaining a dining room and floor image, cleanliness and organization.
- Knowledge and management of all DC health codes (must be ABRA/ServSafe/DCDOH Certified).
- Great problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- High-level responsibility acting as liaison to owners, money handling
- Ability to create, track and present daily, weekly and monthly sales reports.
A BAKED JOINT offers:
- A competitive salary structure
- A supportive, fun family environment
- Opportunity to be an integral part of a very popular, locally favorited DC business!