Executive Chef The Pheasant
- Date Posted July 15, 2019
- Location Dennis, MA
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
We are looking for career oriented experienced Executive Chef for a prestigious farm-to-table concept inside a historic 250-year old farmhouse on Cape Cod. As a member of the management team, the working Executive Chef develops and plans menus, establishes recipes and food purchase specifications, coordinates, executes, supervises and evaluates all the food production activities with particular attention to a customer satisfaction-focused operation. The Executive Chef will assist in the management of the strategic and day-to-day operations. The Executive Chef maintains highest professional food quality and sanitation standards.
- We seek a team player with the perfect mix of culinary and administrative expertise.
- This individual will train associates and maintain the highest standards of food quality, presentation, sanitation and safety.
- High-End culinary experience a must.
- Must have a highly tuned palate and understanding of ingredients and seasonality
- Must have broad creativity and adaptability according to menu needs
- Experience with purchasing of food products and food cost analysis.
- Must possess a high level of organization and the ability to handle multiple tasks/diverse duties while determining appropriate priorities for their completion.
- Responsible for administrative duties as well. Must be computer literate.
- Be a standard-bearer for our kitchen culture and best practices
- Develop menu changes seasonally and holiday items in accordance with a menu calendar
- Serve as a reference point for the entire kitchen team for questions on recipes, food specifics, and food quality
- Meet Health Department Compliance
- Coach and hold the team accountable for all health code regulations
- Manage the Kitchen Facility: Follows up with all maintenance on the equipment in the kitchen, cleanliness, and organization of the facility
- Manage Financials and work in concert with the General Manager to manage labor/food cost
- Build kitchen teams, including interviewing and hiring, performance improvement, and disciplinary action
- Monitor and uphold food quality and presentation
- Ensure the kitchen is set up for success with all front and back of house tasks completed on time
- Maintain a tight and orderly kitchen, including storage, labeling, preparation, and all safety protocols
- Supervise BOH hourly employees and Sous Chef.
- Actively Give Feedback: monitor the effectiveness of your team and provide timely positive and critical feedback
- Held executive chef and/or executive pastry chef position for 3-5
- Food Safety Certification
- A passion for real, good food
- Strong leadership skills
- Great ideas (we like to keep things fresh)
- A desire for growth
- Team spirit, an epic commitment level, willingness to roll up the old sleeves and pitch in whenever necessary
- The skills and drive to motivate and develop a team of strong cooks and leaders
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position
The Pheasant is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary: commensurate with experience
Housing: potential on-site housing available for right candidates
- Bachelor ‘s Degree and/or Culinary Degree
- Executive Chef: 2-3 years
Compensation this position is : salaried, 50k to 100k Work visa This employer is willing to sponsor a work visa for international applicants Application instructions