- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Kitchen Assistant Kate McLeod INC
- Date Posted July 15, 2019
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Culinary / Production
- Job type Part-Time
We make BODY STONES: solid moisturizers in the shape of a stone that melt on contact with dry skin in a way you have to feel to understand. BODY STONES are highly innovative in their simple formula (only 5 core ingredients - the RX Bar of Beauty), solid form factor, and plastic-free packaging. Job description Kate McLeod is a Looking for helping hands with all aspects of production: (this is very similar to chocolate making!)
Production & Packaging
- Engage in hands-on work that will require mixing ingredients, monitoring production processes, inspecting products for quality, and packaging individual products according to Kate McLeod’s operating procedures
- chopping cocoa butter (this requires a little muscle!)
- melting cocoa butter
- measuring and mixing oils
- pouring 'stones'
- packaging (applying labels & seals) gentle hands!
- Maintain quality control and cleanliness standards throughout production process
- Prepare and pack shipments to retailers and our warehouse
- Receive inventory shipments according to Kate McLeod’s operating procedures
- Count, record, organize, and unpack inventory shipments
- Ensure inventory shelves are organized and stocked at all times
- Conduct weekly inventory counts and submit weekly reports to management
- Handle boxes, dollies, and help transfer inventory between locations
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of our kitchen and showroom space
- Passion for our mission
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and dig in enthusiastically, no matter how small the task
- Great communication skills: you can get along with everyone
- Organization skills: you know the devil is in the details
- Once trained, works with speed and accuracy.
- Prior experience working in a kitchen, bakery, or other hands-on work environment preferred but not required
- Previous inventory management experience or experience making operational improvements in a warehouse environment is a big plus
- Able to work at least 15-20 hours a week
- Able to start working immediately.
Our production facility, the Butter Atelier, is conveniently located in downtown DUMBO. We're in a traditional office building - office has AC, snacks, etc...
We're a small team - you'll be trained by the co-founder & formulator. Compensation this position is : hourly, $15/hr + Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline