- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Assistant Kitchen Manager Red Rabbit LLC +2 more
- Date Posted August 01, 2019
- Location New York, NY
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Red Rabbit is a fast-growing, mission-driven business. We set out to tackle the obesity crisis affecting children in our community and have built an award-winning innovative model that offers healthy breakfasts, lunches and snacks to tens of thousands of children in more than 175 schools throughout New York City every day.Job description
The Assistant Kitchen Manager leads a team of up to 20 employees, coordinating cooking operations for their kitchen station. Areas of execution include employee training, quality control, recipe consistency, monitoring food safety at all stages of production, and ensuring accurate production counts. The AKM is responsible for providing support to the Kitchen Manager, while ensuring flawless execution within their team.
Success in this role is driven primarily by consistent and excellent culinary execution. Additionally, a high emphasis is placed on candidates’ ability to train and motivate their team to excel beyond standards and expectations.
- Supervise day-to-day operations of the kitchen team
- Prepare and cook meals and snacks including proteins, sauces, grains, produce, or baked goods daily according to recipes
- Serve as lead quality control for taste, appearance and portioning
- Train, coach and develop staff on standardized recipes and daily production reports
- Follow all DOH and food safety guidelines
- Optimize cooking and packing timelines for team efficiency
- Troubleshoot any day of issues
- Assist the Kitchen Manager in various projects
Skills & Requirements:
- 3+ years professional culinary experience in a fast paced role either in the service industry (i.e. restaurants) and/or high-volume kitchen production (i.e. commissary kitchen)
- 3+ years culinary experience in a variety of positions (i.e. prep, grill, pastry, etc)
- 6 months+ supervisory experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of proper food safety and sanitation practices
- Demonstrated understanding of natural and organic products
- Must have thorough communication skills
- Must be extremely well organized and detail-oriented and have the ability to multi-task
- Must be reliable, function well within a team and work calmly and efficiently in a fast moving environment.
- Must have NYC food handlers license or certificate
- Must share our passion for improving nutrition and health in schools
- Associates degree in culinary arts a plus
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) a plus
- Ability to lift 50 lbs on occasion
Job Type: Full time.
Typical hours: Sunday - Friday 7am - 3pm
Location: Harlem, NY
Reports to: Kitchen Manager
Compensation: $50K - $60K (plus benefits)
this position is : salaried, varies DOE, $50,000.00 - $60,000.00
About The Company:
Red Rabbit is growing fast - together we are changing the way an entire generation approaches food, through our whimsical menus, sustainable business practices and a focus on doing work that matters. If this sounds like the kind of company you want to be a part of, you may be the perfect fit!
Red Rabbit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or sexual orientation.