- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Research Technician Rodale Institute
- Date Posted July 18, 2019
- Location Chattahoochee Hills, GA
- Category Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
- The Research Technician position works on assigned research projects as designated by the Research Director of the Southeast Organic Center. Seeking a detail-oriented person willing to perform field and laboratory work, and assist farm and research staff to advance regenerative organic agriculture in the southeastern US.
.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform lab and field management within the context of research grants, including the following:
- Process soil and plant samples.
- Conduct lab/greenhouse experiments and protocols.
- Tend and maintain experimental sites and data.
- Process samples and measurements in a timely manner.
- Organize samples and send out for analysis.
- Contact external laboratories to clarify analyses.
- Enter, file, and summarize lab results
- Assist with data preparation for papers and other presentations.
- Support GIS mapping of farm and research plots
- Assist collaborators with sample collection and processing.
- Maintain lab/greenhouse/field supplies and facility.
- Work with other research staff to assume field, lab, and data-entry coordination.
- Experience with data collection.
- Proficiency and experience in entering and summarizing data in Excel.
- Experience with and understanding of ArcGIS preferred.
- Hands-on sustainable agriculture experience (research or production) preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in biology, environmental science, agronomy or a related field
Travel for this position involves trips to farms that are part of on-farm trials, and trips to local, regional or national workshops and conferences.
OTHER RODALE INSTITUTE EXPECTATIONS:
Be honest, respectful and take ownership of our work and mission.Compensation this position is : hourly, $15/hr + Application instructions