- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Local Food Sales Advocate 4P Foods
- Date Posted July 18, 2019
- Location Charlottesville, VA
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job type Full-Time
4P Foods is a Benefit Corporation and food hub with offices in Washington, D.C., Warrenton, Virginia, and Charlottesville, VA. As a mission-driven company, our goal is one of duality: First, we aim to help small-scale, family owned farms earn a living wage by giving them access to the growing demand for good, regional, ethically sourced, sustainably produced food. Second, we focus our business model on increasing access for all people to the nutrient dense, healthy foods that our farmers are producing. 4P Foods strives every day to be part of the movement that is working hard to create a more equitable food system.
4P Foods believes in a future where nourishing, sustainable, and delicious food is not a privilege but a right. We help our customers to live their values by knowing that their food dollars are being spent to help support our farmers, our planet, and the communities we live in.Job description
This position is primarily responsible for building 4P’s customer and membership base as well as customer service, satisfaction, and retention. This includes day to day sales and order fulfillment, as well as assisting with long term forecasting, product development, and marketing. They are expected to spend time in the field, becoming familiar with product at the farm level, and conducting demos, taste tests, and check-ins with customers throughout 4P Food’s service area. This position requires excellent organizational, technical, and interpersonal skills.
- Introduce 4P Foods to potential partners through networking events, marketing campaigns, phone calls, and in-person meetings
- Communicates regularly with customers and acts as day to day sales contact
- Manage and update a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database
- Regularly visits and meets with customers to solicit feedback, conduct demonstrations, and identify new sales opportunities.
- Assist with the development of technique and marketing tools to increase efficiency over time.
- Demonstrated passion for and commitment to local food systems and equitable food
- Proficiency with accounting and inventory management software
- Familiarity with the fresh produce market
- Understanding of concepts of Community Supported Agriculture, perishability, GAP requirements, freight, accounting, and traceability
- Demonstrated ability in sales or relationship development
- Familiarity with budgeting, food costs, and product quality
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Willingness to travel around Northern and Central Virginia
- Familiarity with the Mid-Atlantic region’s geography, agricultural history, products, and farming practices
- Adaptable to the changing needs of a startup company
- Sense of humor and enthusiasm for food puns
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline