- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Catering Program Manager Glen's Garden Market +1 more
- Date Posted July 23, 2019
- Location Washington, DC
- Category Culinary / Media
- Job type Full-Time
At Glen’s Garden Market, every single decision we make is made with the environment in mind, from our sourcing criteria to the packaging and equipment we use, to our waste management protocols. In just under five years, we have launched 80 local, small food businesses that share our commitment to sustainability. Of those, 48 are owned by women and 60 produce within the District of Columbia.
We offer a robust set of benefits including subsidized health care, free daily meals, a significant in-store discount, abundant professional development opportunities including field trips and specialized training (on and off-site), and an authentically empowering workplace. We offer a profit sharing program and a peer-to-peer bonus structure. Growth potential is abundant.
This salary range listed for this position is accurate. If you are interested in applying, please understand that we do not have financial flexibility beyond what we have advertised. Job description We're looking for a Catering Program Manager to help us reach our change-making and revenue-generating potential. The successful applicant will be a cultural advocate for the Good Food movement, a detail-oriented and adept data analyst and activator, and a gifted and kind oral and written communicator, who is capable of representing our menu with pride and confidence and growing our catering business substantially. The job synopsis follows:
Glen’s Garden Market - Catering Program Manager
- Lives and models the values of Glen’s Garden Market
- Manages all details of our catering program, including:
- Developing and implementing strategies for growing catering sales
- Interfacing directly with clients to ensure a world-class experience;
- Coordinating the execution and delivery of catering orders;
- Soliciting feedback and recommending menu iterations, when appropriate;
- Coordinating the creation, launch and execution of holiday and special event menus;
- Managing the catering components of our website to ensure an accurate representation of the program.
- Tracks catering sales metrics, analyzes and evaluates sales data, and develops strategic plans to address performance gaps to improve Neighbor satisfaction and grow revenue.
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment and possess strong decision-making skills.
- Outstanding organizational and analytical skills with an emphasis on detail-orientation.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Knowledge of retail, food, and/or beverage operations preferred.
- Team player with a collaborative style and approach.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), all social media platforms, WordPress and Adobe Suite.
- Ability to become proficient in industry-specific software.
- Must have at least two years’ relevant experience.
- Experience in meeting or exceeding sales targets.
- Proven track record in catering program management.
- Able to communicate with, present to and influence credibly all levels of the organization.
- Able to analyze data and sales statistics and translate results into solutions.
- Able to drive the sales process from plan to close.
- Able to prepare and present quarterly goals and forecasts for future projects.
- Able to participate in compiling and following strict budgets.
- Must possess existing relationships in local food and beverage industry.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline Attachment click here to download the attached document.