- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Social Media Coordinator Glen's Garden Market +1 more
- Date Posted July 23, 2019
- Location Washington, DC
- Category Culinary / Media
- Job type Part-Time
At Glen’s Garden Market, every single decision we make is made with the environment in mind, from our sourcing criteria to the packaging and equipment we use, to our waste management protocols. In just under five years, we have launched over 80 local, small food businesses that share our commitment to sustainability. Of those, 55 are owned by women and 25 were started by people of color.
We offer a robust set of benefits including subsidized health care, free daily meals, a significant in-store discount, abundant professional development opportunities including field trips and specialized training (on and off-site), and an authentically empowering workplace. We offer a profit sharing program and a peer-to-peer bonus structure. Growth potential is abundant.
We're looking for a Social Media Coordinator to help us reach our change-making and revenue-generating potential. The successful applicant will be a cultural advocate for the Good Food movement, a detail-oriented and adept data analyst and activator, and a gifted and kind oral and written communicator, who is capable of representing us with pride and confidence and growing our business substantially. The job synopsis follows:
Glen’s Garden Market – Social Media Coordinator
- Lives and models the values of Glen’s Garden Market
- Serves as our primary community outreach officer:
- Designs and executes strategies for growing the Glen’s community.
- Coordinates and executes in-store events (manages logistics, media, marketing collateral design and outreach).
- Designs all in-store marketing collateral
- Designs promotional signage for events, products and initiatives.
- Oversees the proper use of synchronized signage on the sales floor.
- Represents Glen’s to our Neighbors and our community, through positive and effective communication, both written and verbal.
- Seeks out and establishes partnerships with community businesses and associations to grow relationships and increase brand awareness.
- Represents Glen’s Garden Market at community meetings.
- Monitors requests for donations and community engagement.
- Develops and implements strategies for growing sales
- Develops, presents and executes weekly, monthly and quarterly marketing plans, which include strategies to grow revenues.
- Manages the execution and promotion of all holiday and special event menus.
- Manages our social media and web presence:
- Maintains updates to our website and external platforms.
- Manages all social media feeds, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google, Yelp directly and through the use of Hootsuite.
- creates appealing and engaging content that accurately reflects our culture, tone and growth goals.
- Provides timely and respectful responses to positive feedback and tactfully and adeptly mitigates and resolves negative feedback received through Glen’s Garden Market’s website, general email accounts, and external platforms like Yelp and Google.
- Compiles weekly metrics to aggregate, measure and report on Neighbor feedback (positive and negative) across all channels.
- Drafts, designs and deploys monthly newsletters via MailChimp.
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment and possess strong decision-making skills.
- Outstanding organizational and analytical skills with an emphasis on detail-orientation.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Knowledge of retail, food, and/or beverage operations preferred.
- Team player with a collaborative style and approach.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), all social media platforms, WordPress and Adobe Suite.
- Ability to become proficient in industry-specific software.
- Must have at least two years’ relevant experience.
- Experience in meeting or exceeding sales targets.
- Able to communicate with, present to and influence credibly all levels of the organization.
- Able to analyze data and sales statistics and translate results into solutions.
- Able to drive the sales process from plan to close.
- Able to prepare and present quarterly goals and forecasts for future projects.
- Able to participate in compiling and following strict budgets.
- Must possess existing relationships in local food and beverage industry.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline