Development Director Community Farmers Markets
- Date Posted July 24, 2019
- Location Atlanta, GA
- Category Agriculture / Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
Community Farmers Markets is seeking a full-time Development Director to help lead CFM into our next phase of organizational growth. The Development Director will work closely with the Executive Director to fund the vision and strategy of the organization. The Development Director is responsible for leading all development activities including through grants management, fundraising campaigns, events, and donor stewardship. S/he is also responsible for working collaboratively with team members across departments to fulfill the mission and vision of the organization. The Development Director serves as one of the main faces of the organization and should be a champion for our cause both internally and externally.
- Work with the Executive Director to design, manage and execute the organization’s annual fundraising strategy and operations. Meet or exceed annual fundraising goals.
- Develop, implement and manage unique and innovative strategies for fundraising. Develop annual campaign(s) and implement across multiple platforms.
- Research, write, and submit grant proposals, manage the administration of grants, oversee reporting requirements, and write / submit grant reports.
- Lead the administration of all fundraising events, including the management of sponsors, staff/team involvement, volunteers and vendors. Monitor event budgets and negotiate necessary contracts. Maintain clear records on each event's outcome and report back to applicable groups within a timely fashion. Facilitate and support market and internal events.
- Develop, implement, and manage fundraising operations including Salesforce administration as it relates to fundraising, donor-tracking systems, data management, meeting preparation, gift processing and post-gift donor management.
- Prioritize actions for Executive Director and Board of Directors to take in cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors.
- Work with the Director of Marketing and Communications to create content for development materials including sponsorship packages, fundraising campaigns, annual report, recognition projects, and press releases/packets.
- Work with the Director of Programs to support program implementation as it relates to management of grants and fulfilling grant outcomes.
- Update the annual Development Plan and draft a Donor Stewardship Plan in partnership with development staff.
- Manage key stakeholder relationships pertaining to development. Represent CFM at networking events.
- Other tasks as required, including but not limited to staffing support for other events.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum college degree and 3+ years’ experience in a professional setting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. High comfort levels in speaking to the press, in public, and to large groups. Ability to have difficult conversations.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Adept in building strong relationships with diverse groups of people. Ability to handle difficult situations with diplomacy.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate and influence others to achieve team goals and outcomes.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills: Gathers information from different sources; sifts through complexity; and proposes relevant solutions. Resolves conflicts in a peaceful manner.
- Strong vision and achievement orientation. Demonstrates results and the ability to sustain and persevere through significant challenges to reach goals.
- Strong planning and execution skills. Manages time and resources effectively, prioritizing efforts according to organizational goals.
- Experience with writing successfully awarded grants. Experience with managing and reporting for government and foundation grants.
- Experience leading large-scale events.
- Experience with content creation, including but not limited to press releases and fundraising campaigns. Experience with social media.
- Proven ability to prioritize and execute responsibilities and duties in a fast-paced environment. Ability to work under pressure and in unconventional scenarios. Motivated self-starter with the ability to manage tasks with limited supervision.
- Experience with G Suite, Quickbooks, Microsoft Office, and database systems, such as SalesForce.
- A commitment and understanding to the mission of Community Farmers Markets.
Compensation and Schedule:
Full time (approximately 40 hours a week). Salary commensurate with experience. The candidate will work from the CFM office in Atlanta as well as remotely. Should be available during normal business hours 9 am - 5 pm in addition to special events. Occasional night and weekend meetings are required. The candidate must be willing and able to work on a flexible schedule in a fast-paced environment. Reports directly to the Executive Director. Benefits include health, dental, vision, and PTO.
Community Farmers Markets is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, political orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For more information about Community Farmers Markets, please visit our website at www.cfmatl.org
Compensation this position is : salaried, less than 50k Application instructions