Social Media & Comm. Coordinator Local Foods
- Date Posted July 30, 2019
- Location Chicago, IL
- Category Media
- Job type Freelance
Title: Social Media & Communications Coordinator (Contract Position)
Reports to: CEO
- This position helps create the social media and communications presence of Local Foods and The Butcher & Larder brands. This is a contract position (monthly contract) based upon the completion of specific metrics and goals - postings, newsletters, etc.. to promote the brands and help connect the brands with their growing customer base.
Contract Responsibilities Include:
- Weekly postings (5 minimum, daily preferred) with unique content to social channels (instagram, facebook, linkedin, and twitter), including weekly postings to stories (3 minimum, daily preferred) with unique content - connecting tags to customers/vendors, promoting events & in-store promos.
- Generate and support new and interesting narratives regarding brands in the greater Chicagoland food scene.
- Weekly presence (attendance at all events & promotional events) to support connection to content (photographs, check-ins with market/butcher/produce/wholesale leads).
- Support brand events via press connections, customer connections, and communications & marketing support - including creation of materials to support events and promotions (Canva, Adobe Suite, etc..)
- Supports Market/Butcher/Cafe lead with creation of marketing materials as needed (customer signups, promotions, etc..)
- Writes & executes two weekly newsletters - main and wholesale - via Mailchimp.
- Generate & update content to website (Wordpress)
- Works with team to grow audience (all channels), connection points to all audience types (customer, professional/vendor, & industry), and traffic to all platforms. Monthly/Quarterly metric reviews with team leads & CEO.
- Provides timely and respectful responses to positive feedback and tactfully and adeptly mitigates and resolves negative feedback received through website, general email accounts, and external social channels and platforms like Yelp and Google.
- Excellent writing, communication, interpersonal, and social media skills and/or experience
- Proficiency in basic software tools (microsoft suite, google suite, canva, adobe, mailchimp, wordpress) - or ability to be trained and learned industry tools as needed.
- Photo editing and photography skills and/or experience
- Experience in a food industry setting: restaurant, grocery, or related!
- Energetic, fun, friendly individual with ability to collaborate!
- Passion for the local food movement a plus
- Knowledge of and demonstrated skills on all social platforms + scheduling tools
- Able to exercise independent judgment and has strong decision making skills
- Has a positive attitude and a great sense of quality and urgency
- Team player with a collaborative style and approach
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): It is the policy of Local Foods that all employees and applicants be afforded equal opportunities in employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, disability, or retaliation for engaging in an EEO protected activity. The Company prohibits discrimination or harassment based on any of these categories, as well as on age, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a parent, military service, or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.Compensation this position is : contract Application instructions