- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Agrihood Urban Farmer Farmscape
- Date Posted August 08, 2019
- Location Fremont, CA
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job type Full-Time
Farmscape is the largest urban farming company in the country. Since 2008, we’ve designed and installed over 700 projects with our talented team of landscape architects, contractors and urban farmers. We grow food for Fortune 500 companies, Michelin-starred chefs, and World Series champions.Job description
AGRIHOOD URBAN FARMER
Manage this small, 2 acre farm with a 175 tree orchard, .5 acre growing ground and 500 happy homeowners ready to pitch in! Be the resident farmer at the newest Agrihood in CA. The Farmer here will get to manage a small farm with a brand new barn, new tools, full funding ...and none of the “farmer’s risk”.
Type of Employee: Full-time, Exempt
Supervisor: Head Farmer
Compensation: Salary varies upon experience. Plus mileage and partial phone reimbursements. Benefits include paid vacation, 401k, sick leave, and health care
- Run all aspects of small farm, including crop rotation, soil amendment, irrigation, pest control and harvesting
- Perform supply & inventory purchasing and management
- Schedule/Manage 1-2 part-time farmers assigned to site.
- Schedule visits/work packages with Farmscape arborists for tree trimming, amendment, etc.
- Manage the farm facilities, including barn, hoophouse and wash station, coolers, plus any additional sites added to the contract by HOA.
- Create appropriate work plans for volunteers.
- Manage the annual budget, reporting to Farmscape Principal and the Patterson Ranch HOA.
- Attend all meetings required by client (Patterson Ranch HOA) and Farmscape.
- Identify opportunities for improved volunteer experience.
- Resolve customer service concerns raised by Patterson Ranch residents.
- Additional responsibilities, as assigned by supervisor.
- 3-5 years in a leadership position at a farm of similar size
- ABLE TO WORK WEEKENDS. Currently, the role is scheduled from Wed-Sun. This may change as HOA adjusts hours.
- Flexibility, adaptability and great attitude required. This is a new project, still under construction, and many details are still being figured out.
- College degree in applicable field a plus, but not required.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Organized individual with the ability to multitask
- Basic Computer/Social Media skills (Excel, Instagram)
Compensation this position is : salaried, varies DOE, $40,000.00 - $50,000.00 Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline