Urban Farmer Farmscape
- Date Posted August 08, 2019
- Location San Jose, CA
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job type Full-Time
Farmscape is the largest urban farming company in the country. Since 2008, we’ve designed and installed over 700 projects with our talented team of landscape architects, contractors and urban farmers. We grow food for Fortune 500 companies, Michelin-starred chefs, and World Series champions.Job description
- Make weekly visits to projects the farmer independently manages
- Work with lead farmer on team projects
- Manage all aspects of annual vegetable cultivation from planning and planting plots to leaving a harvest on each member’s doorstep
- Keep detailed records during weekly visits
- Maintain good relationships with members, both in-person and via phone/email
- Adhere to Farmscape best practices in managing farms
- Communicate promptly with supervisor regarding supply needs and unexpected garden issues
- Assist in installations.
- Willing to drive to all regional projects.
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions as required
- Represent Farmscape in a friendly and professional manner
- Extensive experience with annual vegetable cultivation required; related education in horticulture, crop science, etc. a plus
- Ability to learn and adapt to Farmscape best practices
- Friendly and clear communicator
- Organizational skills and attention to detail a must
- Curiosity, resourcefulness, tenacity and strong work ethic are required.
- Valid driver’s license and a working vehicle required
Pay commensurate with experience plus mileage and partial phone reimbursements. Benefits include paid vacation, 401k, sick leave, and health care