Personal Chef - Full Time What We Eat LLC
- Date Posted August 13, 2019
- Location New York, NY
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
We are what we eat, so what we eat matters. What We Eat LLC (WWE) is dedicated to making the world healthier one person at a time.
WWE is a personal chef-centered food brand that cooks beautiful, healthful food for New York trendsetters and sells small-batch, better-for-you granola. Led by a registered dietitian/nutritionist and powered by a team of professionally trained chefs, WWE excels at finding the balance between healthy and delicious.Job description
Fast growing health-focused food business seeks entrepreneurially-minded, professionally trained chef. While the majority of the chef’s time will be spent cooking in our clients' homes and studios, he/she will also aid in WWE’s business development, marketing/communications, and other administrative tasks. This position offers a vast opportunity for growth and is ideal for a young chef who has a passion for cooking, interest in advancing his/her career in a nontraditional way, and desire to help grow a business with unlimited potential. While this job is intended to be a full-time position (Monday-Friday during normal business hours) we are open to considering part-time help (Monday-Wednesday during normal business hours).
- Accredited culinary degree or demonstrable commensurate experience in the professional culinary industry
- Undergraduate degree
- Entrepreneurial spirit with strong desire to help grow a business
- Team-player (candidate works closely with other WWE staff)
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, as needed
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible (daily schedule varies)
- Positive attitude
- Hard-working and physically able to lift 40+ lbs as well as walk between jobs, carry groceries, and handle long hours on foot
- Fast-working/efficient in the kitchen
- Knowledge of health and safety laws in the kitchen
- Able to travel daily around Manhattan and Brooklyn
What/how we cook:
Vegetable-focused, seasonal, bright flavors with abundant use of fresh herbs, beautifully prepared with an eye towards health. While we appreciate all eating habits, our chefs must be able to taste test all meals for quality- including dairy, grains, meat and fish.