After School Chef Instructor Sprouts Cooking Club +2 more
- Date Posted August 16, 2019
- Location San Jose, CA
- Category Culinary / Nonprofit
- Job type Freelance
Sprouts Cooking Club is a 501c3 nonprofit that empowers youth from all socioeconomic backgrounds to live healthy, balanced lives by teaching them how to cook nutritious meals for themselves and their community. Sprouts Chef-in-Training Program empowers underserved young adults to change their lives around by training them to become chefs right inside real restaurants.
WE KEEP COOKING REAL
- Chef-in-Training Internships for underserved young adults that want to change their lives around through a culinary career
- Chef-in-Training Fundraiser Classes and Camps on weekends and school breaks for diverse Bay Area youth
- Classes for children with special needs
6 team members (Executive Director, Culinary Coordinator, Accountant, 3 Americorps), 5 Board of Directors, 9 Advisory Members, 50+ volunteers, and 100+ local chefs.Job description
Do you thrive in the kitchen? Do you love working with kids, and want to give back to your community? Come teach cooking classes with Sprouts and share your passion for cooking with the next generation of chefs as one of Sprouts’ Chef Instructors!
We are currently looking for motivated, personable Chef Instructors that are passionate about our mission to educate kids about the importance of nutrition and cooking! You will get to work hands-on with our chef students who are so excited to cook with you! This position is a rewarding way to use your culinary skills in a fun and exciting environment!
We are looking for candidates who are natural leaders, quick thinkers, and problem solvers, who have a passion for community service. We hope you join us for a season of delicious food and tons of cooking with fun and energetic kid chefs!
- Location: Valley Christian School 1450 Leigh Ave, San Jose, CA 95125
- Class size ranges from 8-12 kids
- Ages range between 7-12 years old
- 90 minute classes, plus set up and clean up
- 10 week long session
- Lesson plans, equipment and class assistants will be provided!
As one of Sprouts’ Chef Instructors you will be working with our team, especially our Culinary Program Director and Office Manager. You will also have the opportunity to work with students, partner organizations, farmers, and community members interested in getting involved with our mission.Your Office and Schedule:
We are based in San Francisco, and have cooking classes all throughout the Bay Area!
Your classes will be Wednesdays from approx. 2:45 to 5:15 p.m.Skills and Requirements
- Drivers license and access to reliable car
- Teaching experience
- Cooking experience (doesn’t need to be professional experience)
- Afternoon availability
- Located in San Jose area
- Comfortable in the kitchen and with ingredients
- Enthusiasm for nutrition, cooking, and education
8 to 12 week commitment, September - December 2019
Possibility for extension into 2020Compensation and Benefits:
Weekly excess farmers market produceCompensation this position is : contract Application instructions