Marketing Internship Starbird
- Date Posted August 16, 2019
- Location San Francisco, CA
- Category Design / Media
- Job type Internship/Apprentice
Visit Starbird: Sunnyvale CA | San Jose CA | Foster City CA | Levi's Stadium, Santa Clara CA | San Francisco CA | SFO Terminal 1
Follow @starbirdchicken Internship description
We are looking for a creative and multitalented marketing whiz to join our team! Starbird’s Marketing Intern will be integral in helping us to grow Starbird’s marketing efforts and persona in the community. We have a lot of exciting ideas in the pipeline and are looking for someone who is not afraid to jump right in and get his/her hands dirty, is passion about the restaurant industry, and isn’t afraid to ask a lot of questions.
Starbird is the nation’s first super premium fast food concept serving positively delicious chicken tenders, sandwiches, tacos and salads. Our first restaurant opened in the heart of Silicon Valley in Sunnyvale, CA in June 2016. Since then, we have opened new Bay Area locations in San Jose, Foster City, Levi’s Stadium, SFO Terminal 1, and a Cloud Kitchen in San Francisco.
As the Social Media Intern you will:
• Assume the role of Starbird’s brand ambassador via direct engagement with customers, community outreach and greater interaction with digital followers
• Create daily professional photo footage for Starbird’s Instagram stories and weekly posts. This includes food photos, guest engagement, back of house food preparation, service, Levi’s Stadium events and more.
• Assist manage Starbird’s social media and guest satisfaction presence including Instagram feed, Facebook page, Yelp page and ongoing conversations with local bloggers, guests and social media influencers.
• Activate Starbird’s presence in the Sunnyvale, San Jose and Foster City and surrounding communities by hosting weekly Instagram collabs and tastings in our restaurants
• Support Starbird’s Marketing Lead with activating and managing loyalty marketing efforts, particularly via the Starbird app and Starbird’s mailing list
• Support the marketing team with Starbird’s content marketing efforts, including copywriting and press releases
• People like you. You are inspirational, interesting, easy-going and you have a sense of humor
• You [ideally] are a restaurant person and have experience working in or with restaurants
• You have a strong understanding of Social Media and consider yourself an expert
• Design, aesthetics, creativity and food are important to you
• You are detail- and process-oriented, and enjoy working through the details but never lose sight of the big picture
• You have (or are currently pursuing) a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field
• You have a writing background and have a passion for creating dynamic content
• You have a solid grasp of and are actively engaged in using various social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, etc)
• You’ve planned events and have enjoyed the process and challenge of it
The important details:
• This is a paid internship
• We expect you to work approximately 25-30 hours per week, with time divided between the restaurants in Sunnyvale, San Jose, Foster City, Levis Stadium and our corporate office in San Francisco.
• Must have access to a vehicle with proof of car insurance.
• You are available to begin working in Fall of 2019.Compensation this position is : hourly, $15/hr +