Full & Part Time Vegetable Farm Work Dutchess Farm
- Date Posted August 19, 2019
- Location Castleton, VT
- Category Agriculture
- Job type Full-Time
- Dutchess Farm, a 5 acre vegetable farm, is looking for one full time (40 plus hours per week) and one part time (20 - 30 hours per week) hard working, energetic persons to work on our vegetable farm through mid to late November.
- There is the possibility of part time winter work.
- Opportunity to learn all aspects of vegetable farming while being paid.
- You will work with the owners and a few dedicated, positive people who love farming and also enjoy life off of the farm.
Located in Castleton and Poultney, Vermont, Dutchess Farm has been in business since 1986. We grow a variety of produce for our CSA members, local wholesale accounts, custom growing and farmer’s market. We are known for our garlic, greens, herbs, peppers, tomatoes and more. We use cover crops extensively and grow with organic inputs. We also grow in our 9 high tunnels.
Dutchess Farm works closely with the Vermont Food Bank, which brings volunteers from the local area to the farm. Gleaners harvest that produce and donate it to organizations who are able to provide the nutritious, fresh vegetables to low-income families.
More information is available on our website at Dutchessfarmvt.com
This time of year the job duties would include:
- Vegetable harvesting for local markets & CSA's
- Washing & sorting vegetables
Mechanical ability is very helpful.
An ideal candidate may possess the following skills and experience:
- Experience in vegetable farming
- Attentiveness to detail
- Team player; adaptable & collaborative
- Good communicator
- Ability to perform labor-intensive tasks
- An interest in agriculture and local foods
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Ability to drive manual transmission helpful