- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
General Manager Campbell & Co. +2 more
- Date Posted August 21, 2019
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
At Campbell & Co, we believe in the power of good food and in sharing it with others. Our focus is on locally-sourced and well-made goods—items that celebrate our community of NYC producers and upstate NY farmers. We love to share the stories of our makers, from the rooftop farmers growing heirloom tomatoes that overlook the Manhattan skyline to the cheesemakers aging provolone below the streets of Brooklyn. Our cheese case features more than 100 carefully-curated domestic and imported cheeses. Our beer and cider selection is just as large and unique – we love sour beers and we hope you do too! Our new Espresso bar features Parlor Coffee. The Campbell & Co. kitchen and catering program utilizes the best ingredients from the season to create sandwiches, salads, breakfast biscuits, cheese boards, desserts, and more. Over the years we’ve worked hard to earn a devoted following and are known as much for our warm and friendly customer service as our products (our breakfast biscuits are legendary!).
Campbell & Co. started out six years ago as Campbell Cheese & Grocery, a family-run neighborhood specialty store in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. We are in the process of expanding into more of a café & catering company model – an exciting time for our business. We are looking for a GM to help us as we move into this next phase. It’s a great opportunity for the right person as you will help grow the business and work directly alongside the owners. We pride ourselves on having a thoughtful, respectful team and do our best to maintain a supportive, low-stress work environment.
We are now hiring a General Manager to oversee all daily operations. We are looking for someone with an extensive food knowledge and previous management experience, as well as an eye for the fine details. The ideal candidate has true passion for food. Overall, the General Manager is responsible for increasing sales and keeping us profitable, and fostering a positive and engaging environment that keeps both customers and staff happy. The GM will oversee all facets of our business: our retail shop, kitchen, and catering.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Manage retail front of house, while upholding incredible customer service among our staff—service that’s friendly, down-to-earth, accommodating and aims to cultivate regulars. You’ll definitely have a presence on the retail floor – we are a hands on company!
- Help owners/catering directors manage our catering program, from drop offs to events.
- Support and manage our kitchen staff. You’ll work with our kitchen manager on food quality and consistency, as well as cost management.
- Work with the owners to set sales goals across all facets of the business. Then...meet them!
- Lead by example with our staff in terms of integrity, positivity, and work ethic. If you’re known for your ability to motivate others this might be the job for you!
- Hire, schedule, and train new retail employees.
- Work with owners to analyze financials and make business adjustments accordingly.
- Monitor waste/FIFO and other inefficiencies—and think outside of the box to find solutions.
- Oversee operations/infrastructure from refrigeration to extermination.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness, sanitation, and organization throughout the shop, ensuring that all DOA and DOH requirements are being met.
- 3+ years of management experience (including hiring/training/scheduling/evaluating/firing).
- A passion for giving great customer service.
- Self-motivated and driven to exceed expectations.
- Extensive and ever-expanding knowledge of FOOD.
- Extremely organized with exceptional attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Natural leader with great communication skills.
- A flexible schedule (mix of mornings, nights, and weekends…plus holidays)
- A team player with a willingness to jump in and help with all tasks.
- A quick-thinking and decisive problem solver.
- Preferred proficiency in retail point-of-sales, Microsoft Excel, Adobe & scheduling programs (When I Work)
- Additional Pluses: food experience, cheese experience, catering experience, beer/cider experience, driver’s license.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline