- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Assistant Kitchen Manager/Operations Campbell & Co. +2 more
- Date Posted August 21, 2019
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
At Campbell & Co, we believe in the power of good food and in sharing it with others. Our focus is on locally-sourced and well-made goods—items that celebrate our community of NYC producers and upstate NY farmers. We love to share the stories of our makers, from the rooftop farmers growing heirloom tomatoes that overlook the Manhattan skyline to the cheesemakers aging provolone below the streets of Brooklyn. Our cheese case features more than 100 carefully-curated domestic and imported cheeses. Our beer and cider selection is just as large and unique – we love sour beers and we hope you do too! Our new Espresso bar features Parlor Coffee. The Campbell & Co. kitchen and catering program utilizes the best ingredients from the season to create sandwiches, salads, breakfast biscuits, cheese boards, desserts, and more. Over the years we’ve worked hard to earn a devoted following and are known as much for our warm and friendly customer service as our products (our breakfast biscuits are legendary!).
Campbell & Co. started out six years ago as Campbell Cheese & Grocery, a family-run neighborhood specialty store in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. We are in the process of expanding into more of a café & catering company model – an exciting time for our business. We are looking for a GM to help us as we move into this next phase. It’s a great opportunity for the right person as you will help grow the business and work directly alongside the owners. We pride ourselves on having a thoughtful, respectful team and do our best to maintain a supportive, low-stress work environment.
Campbell & Co. (formerly Campbell Cheese & Grocery) is now hiring an Assistant Kitchen Manager/Operations Manager. We are looking for a self-motivated, natural leader with keen organizational skills and a passion for good food.
- Supports the kitchen manager in a variety of kitchen management responsibilities, including but not limited to scheduling, team management, food preparation, quality control, inventory, ordering, cleanliness and equipment maintenance.
- Assumes management responsibilities when the manager isn’t present.
- Kitchen/basement maintenance.
- Provides any additional support to BOH, FOH, and catering when needed.
- Costs out new menu items.
- Plans and maintains monthly budgets.
- Waste management/FIFO: reducing food waste, including optimizing any older produce
- Maintains constant communication with FOH and BOH
- Oversees packed-out food production. Runs expiration date checks, transfers to BOH, and waste of packed-out products.
- Oversees waste of pastry department, ensuring accurate daily pars based on reports.
- Analyzes data to optimize kitchen profitability
- Runs weekly kitchen numbers
- Oversees and maintains optimal labor %’s
- Oversees purchasing, receiving, and tracking inventory.
- Maintains an immaculate and organized kitchen at all times.
- Reports directly to the Executive Chef & Owners.
- Passion and enthusiasm for food and cooking, especially working within local, seasonal produce.
- At least 2 - 3 years of professional kitchen experience in NYC, including work as a line cook.
- At least 1 year of leadership and/or managerial experience.
- Experience with budgeting, scheduling, inventory, and pricing out menu items.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite, specifically Google Sheets and Excel.
- Self-motivated and driven to exceed expectations.
- Extremely organized with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Natural leader with great communication skills.
- A team player with a willingness to jump in and help with all tasks.
- A quick-thinking and decisive problem solver.
- NY Food Handler's Certificate.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline