Marketing Promotions Program Special National Co+op Grocers
- Date Posted August 22, 2019
- Location St. Paul, MN
- Category Business / Media
- Job type Full-Time
National Co+op Grocers (NCG), founded in 1999, is a business services cooperative for retail food co-ops located throughout the United States. We represent 145 food co-ops operating over 200 stores in 37 states with combined annual sales over $2.1 billion and over 1.3 million consumer-owners. NCG helps unify natural food co-ops in order to optimize operational and marketing resources, strengthen purchasing power, and ultimately offer more value to natural food co-op owners and shoppers everywhere. By providing a variety of purchasing, management, development, marketing and other services, our co-ops are able to gain many of the advantages large grocery chains enjoy, while still reflecting the unique qualities of their local communities. For a map of NCG member and associate co-ops, visit our Find-a-Co-op page. To learn more about co-ops, visit www.strongertogether.coop.Job description
Attention marketing and promotions professionals: Are you interested in growing sales AND having a positive impact on the food system and local communities? Would you like to apply your business and retail expertise to supporting socially responsible, independent and community-owned grocery stores?
National Co+op Grocers (NCG) seeks an energetic and experienced individual with a passion for food and marketing. This person will develop and implement national retail promotions programs that provide vendor and marketing support for retail food co-ops, positively impact co-ops' price image, and improve co-op marketing to grow sales.
This position will be based in the St. Paul, Minn., area. Relocation assistance is available for this opportunity!
Locally owned by members of the community, co-ops keep their investment dollars in the region by supporting local farmers, food artisans and other local businesses, and providing jobs for people in the area.
- Provide marketing oversight for NCG's promotions programs.
- Participate in development of national marketing plan and budget.
- Work with marketing and purchasing departments to create and manage new promotions programs and/or campaigns, such as flyers, recipes, samples, gifts, coupons, sweepstakes and cause promotions.
- Work with marketing and purchasing staff to create and maintain sales materials to market promotions to NCG co-ops and NCG vendor partners.
- Work with marketing and purchasing departments to create and maintain consumer-facing thematic content and retail materials, including flyers, coupon books/sheets, posters, shelf-talkers, endcap headers, etc.
- Work with marketing staff to raise awareness of national marketing promotions programs to current and potential food co-op consumers via digital ad campaigns and social media.
- Minimum of five years of experience in promotions, advertising and/or retail food industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to develop written proposals and resources.
- Ability to plan, carry out and support projects with minimal supervision.
- Fluency with MS Office, including proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience and familiarity with grocery retailing and/or CPG marketing preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business communications or business administration preferred.
- Experience with online/digital campaigns preferred.
- Familiarity with natural and organic foods and cooperatives preferred.
Our team members are our most-valued asset; we offer a generous salary and benefits package including 4 weeks PTO at hire, medical, dental, vision, company paid Life/ Disability/ Long Term Care insurance, HSA/FSA with company contribution, a matching 401K plan with profit sharing and much more.
Conveniently located between St. Paul and Minneapolis
2610 University Ave W, Suite 150 | St. Paul, MN 55114
Free Parking | Front Door Light Rail Station (Westgate - Green Line)Compensation this position is : salaried, 50k to 100k Application instructions