- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Culinary Program Associate Family Cook Productions
- Date Posted August 22, 2019
- Location New York, NY
- Category Culinary / Nonprofit
- Job type Part-Time
Join our team of progressive Teaching Kitchen innovators at FamilyCook Productions. We are an award-winning non-profit organization providing highly effective, innovative turn-key programs for pre-K through adult. We disseminate edible nutrition education to schools, farms and community organizations, teaching kitchens in hospitals and other institutions nationwide. We conduct research on our innovative strategies in collaboration with Columbia University’s Teachers College, University of Vermont, Einstein College of Medicine and other institutions across the US.Job description
The Culinary Program Associate position works a flexible, 25-30 hours per week Monday – Friday schedule in a positive work environment. The ideal candidate will have office management experience. This is a client interaction and administrative position that is critical to the daily operations of the agency. The ideal candidate has strong communication skills and enjoys interacting with a diverse group of clients, dietetic interns and youth.
This position is ideal for someone with strong business and administrative skills interested in segueing into non-profit management and/or culinary nutrition education. Should be passionate about food and cooking, comfortable in a dynamic environment where priorities can change quickly, and excited to help build a strong, fun, team-centered environment.
Self-motivation and a positive, can-do attitude are essential for this role that could become be a springboard to other roles. Our past employees have gone on to high level positions in test kitchens, editorial departments and Ivy League level academia in nutrition, from our tutelage. The Culinary Program Assistant will report directly to the Founder.
- Supporting the FCP founder with daily tasks and projects
- Be quick to learn cutting-edge software used for creating distance-learning training modules
- Interfacing with clients to provide excellent customer support and to schedule trainings & equipment ordering
- Participate in training and teaching kitchen classes (background dependent)
- Support curriculum content and design (background dependent)
- Maintain communications with interns, create Confidentiality Agreement for new interns and assist in social media postings
- General administrative duties - filing, organization, answering phones & scheduling events.
- In Quick Books, writing checks and processing invoices
- Managing FamilyCook’s media and communication (website, blog, and social media)
- Ensuring continuity of company insurance policies, online service subscriptions, and regular payroll ordering
- Occasional event planning and support
Compensation – Part time position with some flexibility, delicious lunch provided daily. Rate is negotiable. Compensation this position is : hourly, $15/hr + Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineSeptember 15, 2019