Operations Coordinator Catskills Food Hub
- Date Posted August 22, 2019
- Location Liberty, NY
- Category Agriculture / Nonprofit
- Job type Part-Time
Catskills Food Hub (the Hub) is a non-profit organization working with Regional Producers and Buyers to expand distribution and purchasing opportunities in Sullivan County and the surrounding region.
Located in Liberty, New York, the Hub offers access to Local Food Marketplace, an online sales platform with delivery options available for wholesale buyers. For the Producer, the Hub also offers access to training and educational programs meant to increase capacity and marketing opportunities. For the Buyer, the Hub provides a seamless transaction for multiple-producer orders and convenient pick-up and delivery options.
The Hub is governed by a Board of Directors and Executive Director committed to improving the viability of local agriculture, access to fresh food, and health outcomes for Sullivan County and the region.
The Catskills Food Hub Operations Coordinator is responsible for providing support in the areas of logistics, delivery and general operations of the Food Hub.
The Job Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Operate refrigerated van to deliver food;
- follow daily delivery instruction
- follow all Food Hub policies and procedures related to van operation and food handling;
- complete timely and accurate records of food pickup and delivery;
- maintain van log book;
- perform van inspections and report any van maintenance issues
- Safely operate and maintain warehouse equipment
- Follow all Food Hub policies and procedures related to all aspects of food handling;
- Maintain temperature, sanitation, and other logs required per Food Hub policies and procedures and by outside agencies
- Perform quality control check of food during receiving and storage;
- Participate in inventory related tasks;
- Count, stack, store, and tag product; rotate stock.
- Facility maintenance - Sweeping, mopping, emptying trash, occasional cleaning of facilities
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Food Hub Director, or as required to fulfill the operational needs of the Food Hub.
- Serve as an ambassador for the Catskills Food Hub, interfacing with both producer and buyer relationships.
- Assist Food Hub Director with Producer communications regarding weekly inventory updates
- Report any customer concerns and feedback
- Conduct oneself in accordance with the positive image of the Food Hub with all vendors, staff, volunteers, donors, and visitors;
- Report customer concerns to Food Hub Director
- Familiarity with Sullivan County and the surrounding region
- Effective organizational, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team, handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines;
- Basic computer skills required;
- Valid NY license with a safe driving record;
- Able to lift 50 pounds throughout an 8-hour day;
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.