Executive Chef The Meat Hook
- Date Posted August 22, 2019
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
The Meat Hook is a lot of things all at once. We are a butcher shop selling the best meat available anywhere in the northeast and we’re a restaurant cooking the best burgers in NYC. We’re the only fully transparent sausage you can buy in a grocery store and we’re a Youtube show about meat culture and techniques.
Our mission at The Meat Hook is to be an honest company, selling the best product produced. We want our customers to know that by shopping with us they can create tangible change with every dollar. It’s our responsibility to live up to that claim every day.Job description
The Executive Chef supports the mission of the Meat Hook by overseeing day-to-day operations at our restaurant locations. The Executive Chef is the one person responsible for putting "The Meat Hook" on a plate. This person has access to the best proteins available in the northeast and can utilize all of our relationships with farms throughout the northeast to create unique food that not many restaurants have access to in NYC.
The Executive Chef also helps cultivate and emulate the ethics and vibe of the brand. This position participates in the hiring and training of personnel at the restaurant and is responsible for ensuring that the stated standards and goals are met. This position works actively with the Meat Hook team to set new goals for improving day-to-day operations through food, experience, and culture. In the restaurant, the Executive Chef is the final voice of management.
- Menu Development
- Create COGS sheets for menu items
- Quality Control for all cooking and food products
- Monitor weekly/monthly purchases, both internal company purchases and external vendor purchases
- Oversee training of new BOH staff; including prep, dish, and cooking positions.
- Responsible for events management, communication, and execution.
- Maintain a critical eye on all aspects of service to improve customer experiences.
- Works with the Director of Operations to make sure the culture at Meat Hook at Threes is in line with the overall culture of The Meat Hook (mission, values, purpose)
- Create and implement Food Safety Plans for all culinary establishments
- Ensures that all staff delivers the best customer service and act in accordance with the Meat Hook Experience.
- Implements training schedules for new hires and monitors progress.
- Actively coach, inspire, and develop staff
- Foster a positive, inclusive environment for all staff and guests