Lead Culinary Instructor Taste Buds Kitchen
- Date Posted August 23, 2019
- Location Deerfield, IL
- Category Culinary / Education
- Job type Full-Time
Taste Buds Kitchen is the top culinary entertainment experience for kids, families & adults! As a recreational cooking school, we host creative and unique cooking events for all ages. As a kids kitchen by day and adult BYOB kitchen by night, our culinary adventures include an ever-growing variety of public classes and private events that combine a well-balanced mix of engaging recipes, both savory and sweet, as we take to the kitchen to sprout taste buds and a good time.
We are located in Bannockburn, a small North Shore suburb situated between Lake Forest & Deerfield.Job description
We are seeking a professional, charismatic culinary instructor with dynamic presentation skills to lead events. You must be a service-oriented leader and an excellent cook.
- Orchestrate and oversee an engaging cooking class experience with excellent and consistent client service following provided recipes and event guides
- Deliver group cooking demonstrations and follow-up with table touches, teaching clients inspiring cooking tips and tricks in an informative yet approachable manner
- Ability to lead events for all ages - from high profile corporate events to 3-year-old birthday parties
- Create a fun and inviting ambiance where guests learn in a non-threatening and social environment
- Work quickly and efficiently while managing a struct event timeline
- Ensure the food taste, presentation and service of the highest quality
- Supervise and contribute to the ongoing training and development of Event Assistants
- Create a controlled, safe and clean environment
- Manage event needs from start-to-finish (from room set-up and ingredient prep to seamless event execution and thorough clean-up)
- Market the company for future business and general good will by engaging and delighting guests
- Provide positive and constructive feedback to management
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 2-3 years of professional food, nutrition, or culinary experience. Culinary instruction experience preferred. Must be knowledgable about/able to demonstrate a solid foundation of cooking and baking skills. Able to command a room of 25+ students, with energy, excitement and personality, to create an engaging event for periods of 2+ hours. Able to take initiative and accomplish tasks without direct supervision. Must possess strong time-management skills, be detail-oriented and able to prioritize tasks.
This is a full-time position of 30-40 hours per week. Must be flexible as hours are scheduled based on event needs. Schedules are published two weeks in advance and will include evenings and weekends.
Base salary of $20 per year + earned gratuitiesCompensation this position is : hourly, $15/hr + Application instructions