Line Cooks WS New York
- Date Posted August 23, 2019
- Location new york, NY
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
WS New York is a new restaurant and private club concept opening in Hudson Yards Fall 2019. WS New York will create unparalleled access to the finest wines and spirits, world-class dining, and one-of-a-kind cultural events. This will be a truly unique destination bound to become one of the world’s most coveted private clubs and restaurants. Our Team is led by Chef Eli Kaimeh (of Daniel, Gramercy Tavern and Per Se) and Master Sommelier Michaël Engelmann (of Gary Danko and The Modern).
This is an incredible opportunity to be a part of a Team of passionate hospitality professionals. At WS New York, our company culture supports the growth and development of our team members and provides opportunities for education and advancement in the hospitality business. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical/dental/vision, and paid time off. We are extremely excited to build this team and create memorable experiences for all.Job description
You will be working with a top-tier team in a professional and creative environment. This position is ideal for someone with the desire to be a part of a new restaurant group with ambitions for growth and job advancement in the F&B industry and pastry. We offer competitive benefits .
- Maintains a high level of hospitality and professionalism with each member, guest and colleague.
- Prepares all menu items following recipes and yield guides according to departmental standards.
- Maintains complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; and uses said equipment and tools only as intended-properly and safely.
- Is flexible with change and can follow direction in an efficient fashion.
- Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health code regulations.
- Actively participates in the positive relationship between FOH, Bar and BOH teams by maintaining steady stream of communication with entire team and staff.
- Adheres and upholds the outlined expectations/culture of WS New York and the quality standards.
- Ensures adherence to safety and emergency procedures to protect staff, guests, and property.
- Reports any maintenance deficiencies in a quick and timely way.
- Puts effort towards understanding the industry and stays aware of industry trends.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Inspects the cleanliness and working conditions of all tools, equipment and supplies
- Checks schedules and reports to work in a timely fashion. Willingness to adapt to scheduling changes.
- Adheres to dress code policy in addition to following good personal hygiene habits.
- Completes tasks based upon priority and utilizes multitasking to complete them.
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 50 pounds.
- Must be comfortable with repetitive motions (such as walking, bending and standing.)
- WSNY enforces a ZERO tolerance policy in regards to discrimination and/or harassment of any form.