- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Baker Assistant Lavender Bee Baking Company
- Date Posted August 23, 2019
- Location Jamaica Plain, MA
- Category Culinary
- Job type Part-Time
Lavender Bee is looking for a Baker Assistant to join its dynamic team in a supporting bakery role to help assist the head baker with production and back-end bakery management. If you are looking to work in a casual, team-based, small-store environment, Lavender Bee could be the place for you!
The candidate for this position must at a fundamental level be able to meticulously follow recipes—however, even more importantly, he/she needs to be a creative thinker, have an artistic design sensibility and be able to create amazing, consistent and beautifully decorated baked goods. He/she must also have an understanding of allergy concerns and safe food handling procedures, as the shop will be a nut/peanut free zone.
The Baker Assistant will work closely with the Head Baker on daily production and back-end kitchen management. Additionally, as Lavender Bee Baking Co/Monumental Market is a start-up environment, the Baker Assistant will work closely with the Head Baker to refine processes and procedures in the kitchen to create the most effective systems to support front-end business.
Specific qualifications for the Baker Assistant Role include:
- Culinary background (a plus but not required)
- Confidence baking from scratch
- Understanding of scaling recipes/meticulous attention to detail
- Be able to lift 50#
- Knowledge of the retail baking industry is a plus
- Ability to begin work in early morning
- Flexible, easy going, adaptable
- Hardworking and ability to thrive in a small store, start-up environment
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline