- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Fundraising Coordinator Georgia Organics
- Date Posted August 26, 2019
- Location Atlanta, GA
- Category Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
Georgia Organics is a dynamic and team-driven nonprofit connecting organic food from Georgia farms to Georgia families. Since 1997, the organization has served as a statewide leader in the good food movement to grow healthy foods, farms and families.Job description
The Fundraising Coordinator is a full-time, 40-hour per week position that supports Georgia Organics in its fundraising and donor relationships. Our donors include individuals, major donors, foundations, corporations, and government donors.
The Fundraising Coordinator reports to the Fundraising & Communications Director and engages with all staff to foster an organizational culture that honors the vital role donors play in advancing the organization’s mission.
Specific duties include:
Membership Management & Engagement
- Assists in acquiring new members and stewards relationships with existing and past members;
- Maintains up-to-date digital files in the database and internal share drive and paper files as needed;
- Leads database administration of Neon & MailChimp. Designs and generates fundraising emails and reports;
- Tracks annual and multi-year fundraising targets as well as monthly and annual membership targets;
- Supports ongoing donor engagement, including preparation of digital and print gift acknowledgement letters for all contributions.
Grants Management Support
- Conducts prospect research;
- Edits proposals, reports, and other written materials;
- Maintains a calendar of upcoming grant proposal and reporting deadlines;
- Assists Fundraising & Communications Director with grant writing; leads grant reporting.
Communications & Event Coordination
- Executes print and digital direct marketing campaigns to members and constituents;
- Creates content for website, social media, and member correspondence;
- Prepares fundraising reports for the management team and Board of Directors;
- Plans and executes annual Expo and membership events; supports all other fundraising-related events.
Also, may supervise projects carried out by interns and administrative staff. Other responsibilities as required.
Minimum Qualifications: A bachelor’s degree and at least two years of related professional experience. Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Excel. Excellent writing, editing, and web-based research skills. Detail-oriented, organized, and proactive. Ability to clearly articulate Georgia Organics’ mission and programs.
Preferred Qualifications: Strong interpersonal skills. Experience with database management (especially Neon), donor research, grants, email marketing/fundraising (especially MailChimp), member relations, visual storytelling, public speaking, special events, other fundraising activities, and/or closely related functions are pluses.
this position is : salaried, less than 50k
Compensation: The salary range is $35,000 to $45,000 annually, commensurate with experience. Includes health insurance, retirement investment options, and generous paid time off.