Assistant Farm Store Manager Our Table Cooperative
- Date Posted September 04, 2019
- Location Sherwood, OR
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job type Full-Time
Our Table Cooperative is looking for a full-time assistant store manager for our on-farm grocery store. If you are passionate about organic food & sustainable farming, have excellent customer service skills, and are looking for a job that is anything but monotonous, requires you to use a variety of skills, and helps you grow in multiple ways, this is the position for you.
You will be expected to work closely with your colleagues on day-to-day operations of our store including stocking product, acting as a cashier, dishing out food at our deli counter, and keeping our store neat and clean. You must have excellent customer service and enthusiasm when engaging with folks who visit the store. Most of our customers are excited about the mission of the Co-op and are looking for a more personal relationship to their food and farmers.
- Excellent customer service skills are necessary.
- Previous food retail/grocery experience and/or experience with retail displays/signage is a plus.
- Creativity and entrepreneurial spirit -- a willingness to do whatever it takes.
- Willingness to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Current Food Handlers Card.
- Must be able to meet physical requirements of standing, twisting, bending, repetitive motion and lifting 10-40lbs regularly.
- Ability to commute to Sherwood, Oregon.
- Some evening availability (1pm to 9pm shifts) is required.
- Weekend availability (at least two shifts on weekends – morning or evening) required.
MEMBERSHIP IN COOPERATIVE
All employees of Our Table Cooperative who work more than an average of 21 hours per week are eligible for membership in the Cooperative under the worker membership class after completing one full year of employment and meeting various other criteria as defined in the Cooperative’s bylaws.