Prepared Foods Manager Wedge Co-op
- Date Posted September 04, 2019
- Location Minneapolis, MN
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
To ensure smooth daily Lyndale prepared foods operations, prompt and friendly customer service and a well-maintained store appearance. The prepared foods manager coordinates and partners with staff regarding all aspects, but not limited to, personnel recruitment, training, performance management and discipline execution. Work with all staff to ensure fairness and equity for policy adherence. Creates a positive work environment and develops pro-active work relationships with staff to meet store goals for sales, margins, labor and customer service.
Prepared Foods Assistant Managers, Cheese Supervisor, Juice Bar Supervisor, Cooks, Stockers, Buyers, and Kitchen Staff
PREP FOODS OPERATIONS
- Customer service – Live and breathe TCCP customer service behaviors, leading by example and holding staff to culture standards
- Budget – Develop department budget with the Culinary Operations Director and CFO
- Financial – monitor deviations budget (margin, sales, labor and expenses) and take corrective action
- Category management – work with central purchasing to ensure regular category/product reviews
- Staffing – Forecast staffing needs, hiring and scheduling to budget and department needs.
- Staff Performance – Deliver on-the-spot feedback, as well as staff performance evaluations.
- Training – ensure proper training protocol is in place, and that it is carried out thoroughly with each new hire.
- Systems – evaluate current and develop as necessary systems operations for maximum quality, efficiency and output
- Cross-functional tasks – working with other prepared foods and production units to ensure proper working systems, highest quality products and handling.
- Act as department liaison with vendors and outside representatives product, equipment and building/utility services.
- Maintain food safety procedures and protocol that meet or exceed Health Department standards.
- Supervise significant personnel actions in compliance with state and federal laws, TCCP policies best practices
- Department and business meetings – Schedule and lead department meetings. Attend and contribute in additional TCCP meetings, as outlined by operations director.
Management & supervisory experience of food service, deli or restaurant staff (ideally 2+ years)
Prefer experience cooking for restaurant, food service, caterer or deli (ideally 4+ years)
Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
Ability to clearly explain procedures and processes
Attention to detail & organization skills
Ability to project an outgoing, friendly image
Demonstrated ability to handle multiple demands
Familiarity with natural foods
- Prolonged standing and walking
- Ability to perform continuous fine work and gripping with hands
- Corrected vision to enable reading small print
- Frequent reaching, bending, twisting, and rotating
- Ability to lift 60 lbs. repeatedly, occasionally more
- Ability to work outdoors, sometimes under extreme temperature and weather conditions
- Clear spoken English and ability to perceive spoken voice clearly