- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Dining Room Manager KACHKA
- Date Posted September 07, 2019
- Location Portland, OR
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Kachka opened its doors in April of 2014 in Portland, Oregon. Kachka is considered by many to be the best Russian restaurant in the country, and is the only Portland restaurant to be included in America’s Essential Restaurants of 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 by Eater, inducted into their restaurant “Hall of Fame.” Kachka was named one of GQ’s Most Outstanding Restaurants of 2015 and Bon Appétit’s Best New Restaurant nominees in 2015, and was a semifinalist for 2015’s James Beard Award for Best New Restaurant. In 2018, Kachka moved to a new, larger location in the Goat Blocks building on SE 11th Ave, and Kachinka was introduced to the original space. A cookbook of recipes, Kachka: A Return to Russian Cooking by Bonnie Frumkin Morales with Deena Prichep, was released in November, 2017 from Flatiron Books to critical acclaim.
Kachinka is Kachka’s little sister program in the original SE Grand location. At Kachinka, it’s happy hour all night with Eastern European-inspired bar food til midnight.
Lavka, a market and deli, is scheduled to open Summer 2019 in the upstairs of the new Kachka location.Job description
Kachka is looking for a highly organized, intentional, energetic leader to keep on top of the day to day operations, and working the floor. We’re looking for the right person to assist us in the continued development, honing and (eventually) mastering of an elevated Kachka service style - the type of compassionate and thoughtful guest-first service which makes dining experiences memorable and FUN. You must be the type of person who has an inherent skill set to listen, learn, collaborate and lead.
This position is not for the faint of heart. It requires grit and fortitude. Our work environment is professional and rigorous but fun and rewarding. Ability to work well with others with a great attitude to provide real hospitality is required. Our staff is family and we host our guests like they’re visiting our home.
- Competitive Salary & Performance Based Raise Opportunities
- Paid Time off
- Sick Pay
- Medical, Vision, Dental Health Care Package
- Shift Meal and Drinks
- Dining Privileges - Discounts at both Kachka and Kachinka
- Work / Life Balance - 45 hour work week
- Flexibility, Autonomy and Quality Co-workers
Qualities We Love :
- Strategic Thinking - Solves challenges before they are problems; fixes things before they are broken; alerts the correct chain of command to nip challenges in the bud.
- Detail Oriented - From savvy service to daily operations- one who leads by example on how to remain focused while maintaining mastery of shift flow - energy, organization, cleanliness and efficiencies.
- Communication and Computer Savviness - Thoughtful and professional written and verbal communication with experience in one or more of the following modalities: G-Suite, POS programming and management, OpenTable, Dinerware, Slack etc
- Compassionate Leader- Taking initiative. Hospitable towards guests and staff. Exuding an even tempered and positive attitude. Providing teachable moments and coaching staff to be their best selves.
- Actively Present On The Floor- Engaging with our guests and working alongside our staff with the shared goal of improving (each and every day) as a team, within an atmosphere of hospitality, superior service, fun and energy, and most importantly - genuine warmth.
- Back Office and Floor Organization- Preparing pre-shift and organizing reservations for the evening, assigning sections and staffing adjustments each night.
- Current OLCC and Food Handlers
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline