Cafe Manager Grand Central Bakery +2 more
- Date Posted September 07, 2019
- Location Seattle, WA
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Grand Central Bakery ignited a bread revolution in 1989 by introducing rustic artisan loaves to Northwest tables. Values are at the heart of our company and sustainability touches everything we do - from where we buy ingredients to how we care for our employees and invest in our communities.
As a Certified B Corporation, Grand Central Bakery is part of a global movement of organizations using business as a force for good.
Rate of Pay: $56,000- $62,000 annually
Schedule: Integral to their team, the Café Manager balances administrative duties with time scheduled on the floor as a high functioning crew member. The Café Manager works 5 days a week and may be required to work extra hours and/or days on an irregular basis due to unforeseen circumstances and emergencies. Regular schedule is generally Monday through Friday.
• Maintaining a well-trained, highly effective and engaged crew by providing solutions oriented communication.
• Meeting expectations regarding retail policies and procedures in regard to food quality, store cleanliness and excellent customer service
• Use your critical thinking to maintain excellent money handling procedures and accurate inventory.
• Engage your strategic tools to monitor and adjust daily sales goals and pars in combination with managing labor and food cost to maximize sales.
Experience and skills
• At least 3 year's managerial experience in a bakery, cafe or quick casual restaurant.
• A passion for delicious food and exceptional customer service
• Enthusiasm for and experience with developing employees
• Basic technical literacy including knowledge of Excel, Word , email and the ability to learn new ordering and inventory systems.
• Experience and expertise in all floor positions " customer service, barista and sandwich production. Pastry production experience a plus.
• Current food handler's card and knowledge of all health department regulations.
• Procedures require a high-level of repetitive motion involving hands, wrists, arms and back.
• Ability to exercise discretion and safe procedures as outlined in training while performing above-mentioned tasks.
• 3-5 years' experience in a restaurant, cafe or bakery required.
• 1-3 years' experience in a direct management role in the restaurant industry of at least 6 employees.
• Proficient user of all MS Office products as well as Point of Sale systems and Food Service menu and ordering systems.
• An agile learner comfortable with change and a fast paced environment is key.
• Having an eye to continuous improvement and feedback is a plus.
Grand Central Bakery values fair compensation and excellent benefits. Some of the great benefits of working here include:
Generous insurance contribution for employee and dependents
Paid sick and vacation time
Paid community time
Reimbursement for bike expenses
Fun working environment
Opportunities for growth
Free bread! Compensation this position is : salaried, varies DOE, $56,000.00 - $62,000.00 Application instructions