Events Assistant Poppy's
- Date Posted September 07, 2019
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
since 2012, poppy’s mission has been to create simple, seasonal, beautiful + approachable food.
we believe that the highest quality food + service does not need to feel formal or unattainable. we believe in supporting local farmers, sustainability, eating with our eyes + nourishing our community.
poppy’s offers full service + drop off catering for a wide range of corporate + private events. we also offer a beautiful selection of platters available to order online and a curated selection of packaged goods + gift boxes.
we are based in cobble hill, brooklyn and operate a weekend café; a gathering place for neighbors, followers, friends + family.
poppy's is a female owned + operated business where we have created an environment supportive of collaboration, growth, + learning.
Poppy’s catering department is looking for the perfect candidate who can assist and support the events team to help improve efficiency as our department grows. We work with a wide range of corporate + private clients, such as The Wing, Goop, J.Crew/Madewell, New Museum, and so many more. This role will be client facing at times, as the events assistant will also be responsible to show up on site for events, creating brand cohesiveness throughout.
Responsibilities + duties include but are not limited to:
- assisting events team
- assisting with answering website, email and phone inquiries
- assisting with events [in the city + surrounding boroughs]
- performing basic administrative duties within the office
- capturing content for social platforms
- attending sales meetings
- communicating with kitchen + delivery teams
The ideal candidate:
- is detail oriented
- outgoing + professional
- has a proven ability to work in an organized + efficient manner
- has a passion for food + hospitality
- takes initiative and is willing to jump in wherever needed
- is proficient at using macs + familiar with google drive