- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Kitchen Manager - Facilities Good Eggs
- Date Posted September 09, 2019
- Location Oakland, CA
- Category Business / Production
- Job type Full-Time
About Good Eggs
At Good Eggs, we believe feeding your family well shouldn’t come with a trade off — be it your time, your standards, or your wallet. We’re pioneering a new way to fill your fridge, by sourcing the best food from producers we know and trust, and bringing it straight to you — all at a price the same or less than your grocery store.
We’re building relationships through better food. We hold ourselves and our producers to the highest standards of honesty, transparency and sustainability, delivering food made with integrity. If you’re passionate about leading a revolution in how food is sourced, bought, cooked and enjoyed, there’s a place for you at our table.Job description
As the Kitchen Facilities Manager, you'll provide support to the Assistant Culinary Director by maintaining the safety and cleanliness of our production facility. You will hire, oversee and support the maintenance, and receiving teams and create and maintain daily task lists. You’ll work independently to keep our team and production facility safe, clean, organized, and functioning efficiently. You'll have a range of duties that help support our team, detailed below.
Duties and responsibilities
- Create and maintain systems to ensure that the Good Eggs Kitchen is a clean, safe, and functioning facility.
- This includes keeping all kitchen equipment on preventive maintenance schedules; restoring, repairing, rebuilding, or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts; supervising steward staff.
- Schedule stewards to appropriately to ensure proper maintenance of the warehouse.
- Responsible for timecard and time off approval for stewards.
- Ensure all team members have taken and passed California food handlers classes before the end of the first 90 days of employment.
- Ensure that stewards are performing required daily maintenance of the production facility.
- Perform regular evaluations of production facility needs and address them accordingly.
- Support kitchen managers in assessing and addressing the needs of the facility.
- Manage repairs and maintenance throughout the production facility.
- Manage facilities maintenance needs with 3rd party partners ie. bale pickups, occupational safety certifications, food safety certification, e-waste, Haz Waste, etc.
- Partner with Assistant Culinary Director on expansion and construction needs for the facility.
- Proactively assess the needs of the warehouse and partner with Assistant Culinary Director to address needs.
- Complete non-routine cleaning according as specified by management
- Handle emergency cleaning and upkeep requests
- Manage steward crew to ensure sweeping and mopping walk-in food storage areas (including freezer and refrigerated zones) are completed.
- Regularly cleaning break room, reach-in and employee designated refrigerators.
- Washing and sanitizing product stowing bins
- Helping the kitchen team keep their workspace clean, organized, and stocked
- Ensure recycling, compost, landfill containers are emptied and cleaned multiple times daily
- Maintaining good supply of necessary cleaning tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Perform and document inspection and maintenance activities
- Carry out heavy cleansing tasks and special projects
- Notify management of occurring deficiencies or needs for repairs
- Make adjustments and minor repairs
- Cooperate with rest of staff
- Follow all health and safety regulations
This job description has been created to be a representation of what can be expected in this role. This is not a complete list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this role. We will make efforts to productively communicate any amendments to your job duties and responsibilities. However, duties and responsibilities are subject to change, increase, or decrease at any time with or without notice.
- Minimum 2 years professional kitchen experience and supervisory experience or equivalent.
- Proficiency in Google and MS Office suite software (i.e. spreadsheets, presentation, and word processing software)
- Passion for local food & solid understanding of healthy cooking
- Energetic, hard working & committed to the success of the team
- Strong time management skills and sense of urgency within the facility
- Strong awareness of what’s happening in the facility and ability to see the bigger picture of what needs to get done
- Highly organized with the ability to plan
- Willingness to learn and challenge yourself on a daily basis
- Strong communicator not only in the kitchen but externally to company
- Experience managing or mentoring/training others
- Comfort with a calm but focused environment
- A desire to grow within Good Eggs
- Knowledge of seasonal and local products
- Health and safety/food hygiene
- Comfortable working in a collaborative environment where duties are shared
- Comfortable working in variable temperature environments.
- Create and maintain spreadsheets, word docs, powerpoints
- This position requires slip resistant footwear.
- Flexible schedule.
- Night, weekend, and holiday shifts required.
- Kitchen Manager generally works in close quarters and refrigerated rooms to maintain cold chain.
- Job hazards may include slips and falls, cuts, and burns, but injuries are seldom serious.
- Kitchen Manager must have the ability to work on their feet for eight hours at a stretch, sometimes standing for prolonged periods.
- Kitchen Manager must also be able to lift objects weighing up to 50lbs on a regular basis.
- Kitchen Manager must be able to work in a multitude of environments.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline