Head of Retail & Foodservice Tomales Bay Foods / Cowgirl Creamery
- Date Posted September 09, 2019
- Location San Francisco, CA
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Our team is full of food-loving, hard-working folks who have a positive, team-oriented attitude. We care about each other, take great pride in our work and all share a passion for local, artisan food. If this sounds like you, we hope you’ll saddle up and join us on our journey! Job description
The Head of Retail & Foodservice is responsible for the smooth and efficient operation of the Cowgirl Creamery retail stores, cafes, and catering throughout the Bay Area. This position provides stellar leadership and guidance to our team in all areas of our retail endeavors: training, cheese education, food quality, food costs, customer service, and more. The Head of Retail works to ensure our shops in San Francisco and Pt Reyes are a premier source for artisan cheese, wine and prepared foods. As part of our Leadership Team, this position works collaboratively with other department level managers on a regular basis.
This position requires regular travel among our locations in San Francisco, Pt Reyes, and Petaluma.
What You'll Do:
• Provide thoughtful leadership through goal setting, feedback, coaching, and ongoing training.
• Work with store leaders to set sales strategies and tactics, and then follow up on the execution.
• Create, implement, and oversee systems and processes to ensure our shops are running smoothly.
• Oversee hiring, training, and development efforts, working with store leaders as key trainers.
• Help develop and evolve our catering and foodservice programs with an emphasis on local, organic ingredients.
• Live our mission and inspire others to do the same.
What You Bring:
• At least 3 years of prior specialty food experience in a management or senior leadership role is required. Cheese experience is strongly preferred.
• An strong ability to inspire others to action and a clear vision for how to hold them accountable.
• A keen eye for areas of opportunity for improvement and ability to successfully execute a plan.
• An understanding of efficiency and process-oriented thinking.
• An exemplary customer service approach: personable, friendly, love building relationships.
• Prior experience in restaurants, foodservice and/or catering is a highly preferred but not required.
• You love cheese! And probably all food, but definitely cheese!!!
• A high level of schedule flexibility including availability on weekends and around holidays is important.
• A reliable form of transportation is needed to and from Petaluma. We can help with the rest.
Perks & Pay:
• This is a full-time, exempt position. Rate DOE.
• Company-sponsored health, dental, Life/AD&D insurance, 401K, paid time off, and a 25% discount.
• Bonus perks like swag to keep you warm, coffee & treats to keep you going, birthday gifts, and endless Cowgirl cheer!