- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Strategy Internship The Culinary Edge
- Date Posted September 11, 2019
- Location San Francisco, CA
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
The Culinary Edge was established in 2002 as the premier innovation agency creating and launching distinctive food and beverage experiences. Our mission is to create food with purpose by bringing brands, products, and experiences to life that benefit both businesses and consumers.
We’ve always worked toward a sustainable food system, which to us means more than where ingredients come from. It includes supporting all types of restaurants and businesses, from startups to Starbucks. It also means acknowledging the history and legacies of brands and sustaining a healthy workforce. We have an insatiable appetite to learn, create, cook and taste — on any given day, you’ll see our office abuzz with the energy of developing new ideas in our creative space and dishes in our kitchen.Internship description
This internship is designed to develop skills in brand and menu strategy and a deep understanding of scalable food and beverage concepts. Pending staffing availability, the goal of this internship is to trial candidates for a full-time position on our strategy team. This strategy internship is not open to college students.
Due to the broad scope of our business, The Culinary Edge requires a wide-ranging skillset and professional demeanor from the strategy intern. The intern contributes to projects at many stages, from creative to development and launch.
Sample Responsibilities Of The Strategy Intern
- Support strategy and culinary teams on client projects, including writing, copyediting, proofing deliverables, and providing consumer research support
- Participating in creative brainstorming sessions
- Research restaurant concepts, industry trends and periodicals, ingredients, vendors, equipment, and packaging
- Capture and disseminate notes for creative ideation sessions and meetings
- Assist in the creation of kitchen operations materials for client projects
- Shop for ingredients, supplies, and materials
- Coordinate reception, hospitality, and meals for client meetings, general guest hospitality, and space management
Your Experience And Skills
- Design-focused with advanced written and visual presentation skills
- Able to quickly adapt to new technology or programs
- Able to manage a heavy workload, prioritize well and meet deadlines
- Resourceful, flexible and able to creatively solve problems
- Systems and process-oriented
- Proactive and reliable to fellow team members and managers
- Impeccable attention to detail and minimal errors
- Passionate about food, trends, and hospitality
- Strong sense of agency and accountability
- University degree; culinary school or experience working with/in restaurants a plus
- Strong working knowledge of both Mac and Microsoft office suites
- Ability to work on-site at our San Francisco test kitchen, located in the SOMA neighborhood
Interns work normal office hours and total approximately 38-40 hours per week. However, hours are flexible and may differ from week to week.
Six (6) months
Target Starting Date
$18-$20/hourCompensation this position is : salaried, $15/hr +
Work visa This employer is willing to sponsor a work visa for international applicants Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline